Fisherville Brook Wildlife Refuge Trail

Fisherville Brook Wildlife Refuge Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Exeter, Rhode Island that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 200 feet Route Type: Loop

great trail for kids.

wow! what an amazing trail. very very well maintained and marked, and the views with the foliage were incredible. would 100% go back and do that blue trail a million times.

This trail is a well deserving 5 star between the scenery and maintained paths was just great. While hiking passed two volunteers maintaining the trail was really cool to see. This trail had everything i like woods, waterfall (small) but still a waterfall and beautiful pond with great autumn color. Highly recommend this trail!

Really nice trail. Very pretty in the fall.

So beautiful. Scenery constantly changing. Well maintained. Went 2 days in a row.

Great to bring little kids

The trail was pretty well cleared and maintained. we picked a rough day to go; hot and humid and flying bug Central.

Great clearly marked trails. First time here and it's a little overgrown in some places which means more bugs and chance of bites. I went in the middle of the day on a holiday and I didnt come across one person on this trail the whole time I was on it, which was about 40minutes since I stopped in places to look at the water and explore the cemetary. Lovely bird sounds. when it would get really quiet it would scare me since some sections are budding with bird sounds. The way I went by the little water source had very little rise and fall in elevation. Nice quick hike. Great place to take kids and friends. There were a few places to sit along the way. might come back in the fall to compare or checkout the other side. All in all, it was a lovely, mostly shaded, option. Since I'm a woman the remoteness does give me pause. Might not come back unless I bring someone with me. Oh, also good to mention, there are signs for no dogs. since it's a sanctuary I assume there is no hunting (good for us hikers)..Signs also discouraged trail running (to help preserve nature)..This would be a perfect trail for running if it was allowed. The terrain is perfect for that. I will confess, I sped through a few sections because they were too narrow or they looked fun (and also to dodge the bugs). Take care to stay on the trails. This area is pretty because its obviously been well cared for and well-maintained. Trails close at dusk.

Wide and well-cleared, also nice and shady with some pretty meadow and brook views. Really clear markings. Loved the elevation changes for running, but there were a noticeable amount of roots that I tripped on once. i'm ok :) I'll definitely come back!

Trail is well maintained and marked. It is great to teach your kids about trail blazes and how to follow them. No dogs allowed.

Really nice trail. Very well marked! Come into the reserve from the west if you don’t have a vehicle with clearance.

Thu Dec 20 2018

Classic New England landscape.

Mon Nov 19 2018

This trail is really relaxing.in the fall it is really nice for this trail.but I enjoyed this trail very much. I think if you do this trail in the winter it is very cold and not to relaxing.but overall great trail!

Mon Nov 12 2018

Really nice well marked hike. Easy, but long enough to get a reasonable amount of exercise. I’d like to go back when the rhododendrons are in bloom!

Mon Nov 05 2018

Really great moderate trail. Took us just under two hours with a quick stop at the waterfall for some lunch. Simple but great hike

Mon Nov 05 2018

Great trail. Well kept. Great parking lot. Trail maps available. Well maintained scenic trail with two bridges.

Sun Nov 04 2018

Perfect fall walk in the woods,

Sat Oct 20 2018

Nice little hike, trails were well marked and the scenery was beautiful and serene.

Sun Oct 07 2018

This was a great little hike for kids and family. Took our 3 kids age 10, 7 and 3 and they loved it. Very quiet but lots to see, waterfall, cemetery, little bridges, lake. Parking was good and easy to find

Wed Oct 03 2018

great views of the lake and the trail is well maintained!

Mon Sep 24 2018

Great walk for kids!

Mon Jul 23 2018

Small, but very quiet, peaceful, and beautiful. Took us about two hours to make the biggest loop, and that included many stops at the waterfront and bridges. It's mostly shaded and a nice walk, just beware of tree roots across the path. Limited parking and very narrow dirt roads to get there, but once you're there it's a nice hike.

Wed May 30 2018

Nice, peaceful walk through the woods. We didn't run into anyone else while there. This is a Wildlife Refuge, so dogs are not allowed. Trails are well marked. Lots of of roots and rocks, so watch your footing. (and don't forget the bug spray).

Thu May 24 2018

Sat Apr 21 2018

small, but beautiful. was there on April 20 seen a good amount of birds even though it was early before migration. birds included was Kestrel, wood duck, pine warbler, towhee. I think it will be a really good birding hot spot for the spring migrants. Beautiful pond.

Thu Mar 29 2018

Just love it here, easy trail, much to see.

Sat Dec 30 2017

Did this hike at the end of December. I loved it. Very peaceful, lots to see, and well marked. A must do!

Wed Nov 08 2017

my favorite trail so far in Rhode Island

Sun Nov 05 2017

Nice trail for first time out. 2 loops to choose from. We combined them.