Fisherville Brook Wildlife Refuge Trail

Fisherville Brook Wildlife Refuge Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Exeter, Rhode Island that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Nice, peaceful walk through the woods. We didn't run into anyone else while there. This is a Wildlife Refuge, so dogs are not allowed. Trails are well marked. Lots of of roots and rocks, so watch your footing. (and don't forget the bug spray).

small, but beautiful. was there on April 20 seen a good amount of birds even though it was early before migration. birds included was Kestrel, wood duck, pine warbler, towhee. I think it will be a really good birding hot spot for the spring migrants. Beautiful pond.

Just love it here, easy trail, much to see.

Did this hike at the end of December. I loved it. Very peaceful, lots to see, and well marked. A must do!

my favorite trail so far in Rhode Island

Nice trail for first time out. 2 loops to choose from. We combined them.

No dogs allowed...... not happy to see this on the trail and not in the description...

Great trails for a moderate workout. Beautiful scenery!

Wonderful spot . The blue trail takes you to pond and a little waterfall . Saw only 1 hiker . Very peaceful . No dogs or bikes allowed . Very few bugs .Well worth the visit . The orange trail forks to left and will take you to a small stream . A+ place

Hiked the blue trail and it was absolutely beautiful!

We loved this trail, so much to see.

Went on this trail for the first time yesterday and I'd have to say it's one of my favorites thus far. It's well maintained and well marked. I enjoyed the openness of the trail, the tall trees, and wild flowers. There's also a cemetery there that was pretty neat to check out and some interesting bugs along the trail. Also spotted a hummingbird. Good spot for photographing wildlife and nature. There's a pond there also and many benches along the trail. Unfortunately, it is NOT dog friendly as dogs are not allowed here.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

It's a beautiful hike and it gives you the opportunity to pick your length by providing different trails tracked by different colors. This hike is safe for children and has a beautiful view of the water. Also had a cemetery near by that you can check out.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Easy hike. Easy to follow loop.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

We love this trail. Peaceful, easy hike.

Monday, February 27, 2017

You can't bring your dogs here wish I knew that before the 30 minute drive

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Loved the peacefulness of this trail. If you are looking for an easier hike, with lots to look at, this is it.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

nice trail for a winter day did the blue trail very nice walking around pond

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Perfect hiking to do with a toddler. Very easy hiking and it's just the right distance. Took about an hour with my two-year-old and he walked a little more than half of it. I carried him the rest of the way. There's three or 4 foot bridges to keep it interesting for the kids. He really enjoyed running on the little bridges on top of the swampy stuff.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

this trail has some spectacular views in the Fall.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Easy, well marked. Beautiful breeze at the pond and a great beaver dam.

Monday, June 20, 2016

A beautiful place to hike and for bird enthusiasts.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Beautiful, well-marked trails!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

As a beginner hiker I found the trail to be very well marked with a good diversity of ups and downs that weren't strenuous. It will be a beautiful place once everything is in bloom. I can't wait to go back.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

This is one of my favorite places to hike in Rhode Island. The trails are easy to navigate, and there's a big variety of different habitats spread over a small area. I really enjoy the southern section -- the pond and cemetery meadow are great places to birdwatch and snap pictures in the morning light. Plus the white pines in Fisherville are truly stunning. Be sure to check out the Cedar Swamp Loop and the western edge of the Red Trail for great stretches of pine woods.

Read my full write-up of the Fisherville Brook Wildlife refuge on the Unarmed Hunting blog -- link in my profile.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Very easy to follow trail, but it was incredibly buggy and the trail was so rocky. There honestly wasn't much to look at, either, but overall it was still pretty fun and we even saw a frog. We only saw one other person there the whole time. Probably wouldn't go back, but it was nice for my first time back hiking in a while.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Great nature reserve with clean, well-kept, uncrowded trails. Enjoyed an easy hike (Blue & Yellow Trails) with two children (3 &5) with a total distance of about 1.5 miles. Plenty to keep young eyes (and older eyes) interested including several bridges, a large pond, and plenty of birds. We'll be back to explore a few of the other loops in the future.

Monday, May 05, 2014

Found the trail very well marked and easy to navigate. Did the blue trail first, visited an old cemetary on the hill, and enjoyed the views around the pond. Next did the red trail across the street, well marked, went through the woods, easy walk. Took about 70 min. for both trails at a leisurely pace.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Nice easy trails with pretty great views. Went on a Friday afternoon, got to experience an awesome sunset and only encountered one other group as we were leaving.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Great trails, today we did the combined orange and blue loop. Saw a heron (gray?) in the lake and some beautiful cardinal flowers near the brook bridge. Well marked trails, the little cemetery is sweet! Easy, but we're a bit older now, so moderate in spots!