Diamond Hill Trail

Diamond Hill Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cumberland, Rhode Island that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Not a fan of all the “extras” they have set up all the time, ie halloween/Christmas decorations.

Easily marked and lots of paths

It’s important to note that we didn’t do the park trail loop, but rather made our way up to the top of Diamond Hill via the trail on the other side of Diamond Hill Road. It was about 1.5 miles to get from the parking lot to the top and back. There was about 4 inches of new snow on the ground. It was beautiful and a lot of fun. We started out by going straight up the hill via the old ski run and then made our way to the hilltop using the trails. We had our kids with us, one of whom is 6 yrs old, and they all did just fine. We’ll return in the spring to check it out sans snow, too! Definitely our favorite hike in Rhode Island, so far.

I didn’t hike the trail prescribed instead I climbed Diamond Hill itself. There’s some nice views from the top. The scrabble over the rocky ledges is fun. Only a few remnants remain of the ski areas that were once here.

Fun, challenging trail after auspicious beginning through a junkyard to get to trail head. 5 stars if it had been marked. Good hills.

No map. No markings. The businesses and residents living around the trail head have posted “private property” and “no trespassing” signs around the start making it hard to identify where you can actually go. Trails lead into private property. Mountain bike trails are not listed online and if you accidentally take one they can lead you to jumps, very steep drops or no where at all. Unless you are from the area or are with someone who is I would not recommend coming here.

Not able to find the actual trailhead and, as others have said, trails are not well marked. Did lots of backtracking as the trails just seem to stop...one of them appeared to dead end in someone's backyard.

This place would be so nice if the trails were marked! Loved the incline, but most trails are. It kept clean....lots of tall grass. After an hour of trying to stay on the AllTrails map, we kept getting lost and figured it would be best to head back.

Due to lack of blazes had to use my GPS to navigate. I really didnt enjoy that at all. The way back was easier due to less bike paths crossing the hiking trails.It was a nice walk. No great or even ok views. Disappointed. Nice enough walk thru the woods.

Trails weren't blazed very well.

Great hike... great hills

It was a steep climb, but it was impossible for me to stay on one trail. I would follow blue and the next time I saw a marker it was yellow, then pink.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Sunday 1/8/17 decided to go SnowShoeing with a friend at Diamond Hill. The Town did a wonderful job marking the trails, there are now "marked trails" at Diamond Hill. We ended up on the pink trail till it just seemed to end, looked like it was the back of someone's yard, we weren't sure if we were on private property so we turned around and went back. We did about 4.16 miles on the trails, lots of good hills to get the heart pumping. Would like to explore more. I would believe the trails back there would lead to Joe's Rock in Wretham?

Friday, December 30, 2016

Explored most of the trails back in August. Surprising elevation on the higher trails, which I enjoyed. Great view from the top. Some trails are not well marked, some trails end because of surrounding neighborhood development in the area.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

The trails provide a lot of options to suit a lot of different skill levels.

Friday, July 22, 2016

I agree with several earlier reviews that the trails are not very well marked in many places. Still, it's pretty tough to really get lost -- and the diversity of terrain (and difficulty levels) and natural beauty still make this a well-deserved repeat hike! Overall, perhaps, a "moderate" rating may be appropriate: but there are many -- many! -- sections that are very challenging, both up and down. I strongly advise bringing good trekking-hiking poles with you, and plan to take periodic breaks along the way. (I also don't recommend hiking this when the temperatures are in the mid-90's with high humidity. . . learn from my dumb mistake!)

Sunday, July 03, 2016

No markings, mostly up hill tough coming down with all the rocks bring a walking stick and it will help

Monday, June 27, 2016

trail not clearly marked

Monday, June 13, 2016

Totally could not find the actual trailhead. We ended up finding one at the state park across the road from where it was supposed to be. It's a lovely area, and we got delicious ice cream afterward. But very difficult to find and follow.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Beautiful day. Mountain bike race happening, made it challenging to hike with small children. Trailhead and signage lacking.

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Not terrible, not great....an ok short hike. The condition of the park and trail is fair, the summit unclear and unspectacular, and the old ski-slope alternate descent a mess. I brought 3 little boys here on their second introduction to hiking, and the only thing that made any impression was the batman logo graffiti painted on one of the rock walls.