Diamond Hill Trail

Diamond Hill Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cumberland, Rhode Island that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

ice climbing

It was a steep climb, but it was impossible for me to stay on one trail. I would follow blue and the next time I saw a marker it was yellow, then pink.

Sunday 1/8/17 decided to go SnowShoeing with a friend at Diamond Hill. The Town did a wonderful job marking the trails, there are now "marked trails" at Diamond Hill. We ended up on the pink trail till it just seemed to end, looked like it was the back of someone's yard, we weren't sure if we were on private property so we turned around and went back. We did about 4.16 miles on the trails, lots of good hills to get the heart pumping. Would like to explore more. I would believe the trails back there would lead to Joe's Rock in Wretham?

Explored most of the trails back in August. Surprising elevation on the higher trails, which I enjoyed. Great view from the top. Some trails are not well marked, some trails end because of surrounding neighborhood development in the area.

The trails provide a lot of options to suit a lot of different skill levels.

I agree with several earlier reviews that the trails are not very well marked in many places. Still, it's pretty tough to really get lost -- and the diversity of terrain (and difficulty levels) and natural beauty still make this a well-deserved repeat hike! Overall, perhaps, a "moderate" rating may be appropriate: but there are many -- many! -- sections that are very challenging, both up and down. I strongly advise bringing good trekking-hiking poles with you, and plan to take periodic breaks along the way. (I also don't recommend hiking this when the temperatures are in the mid-90's with high humidity. . . learn from my dumb mistake!)

No markings, mostly up hill tough coming down with all the rocks bring a walking stick and it will help

trail not clearly marked

Totally could not find the actual trailhead. We ended up finding one at the state park across the road from where it was supposed to be. It's a lovely area, and we got delicious ice cream afterward. But very difficult to find and follow.