Cumberland Monestary Trail

Cumberland Monestary Trail is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cumberland, Rhode Island that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice guided hike. Beautiful weather and great company.

wonderful trails but not really well marked. I've been hiking these trails for 25+ years and never tire of it. wildlife, stonewalls, remnants of granite blocks from burnt monastery. I rate this a 5 as it offers diverse conditions❤️

Was great, we went on a warm day last spring. A lot of people walking dogs. We will bring the pup next time.

Beautiful trail for walking in the charming woods on a sunny afternoon. Easy to get off track if it were not for the recording as there were many side trails. I don't see how this is 11.5 mile loop though, as I did the entire trail except for a small stretch in the south loop where trail was emerged in water. My recording says 5.3 miles

Easy and relaxing. Had to double back one segment as I didn't want to walk on the main road.
Well marked.

I tried to upload a trail map. Great hiking in Cumberland.

Great place to spend some time in nature. Trails are well marked.

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Not much to see given the season but did spot some beautiful birds including a bright red one! Stayed on trail for once but the cliffs and rocks will have me coming back for a repeat when it's dry and the weather's a little better. Overall was a very pleasant hike. Trails were well marked and plentiful!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

a good trail with a little history. Don't forget to check out nine men's misery.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

It's really nice that the trails are marked but a color coded map to go with them would help to know which way you are doing. There are a lot of side trails off the main ones. We walked yellow, white and pink.