Carr's Pond and Tarbox Pond is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near West Greenwich, Rhode Island that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 269 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

Part of the Big River Management area in West Greenwich, RI, the trails around Carr's Pond and Tarbox Pond are plentiful and winding. Trail options range from a quick walk around the pond to many hours exploring various loops and side trails.

flooded

This was a great hike! I explored some of the side trails for some variety! Definitely use GPS if you go off the main trail! Ran into someone who used to frequent there in the 70’s and he gave us some pretty neat history including the quarry and some knocked down houses! Perfect place to spot some lady slipper flowers!

I have never seen a snake in a trail and I saw 4..... and I hate snakes

Beautiful!!!

definitely felt longer than 4 miles. mine registered at 5.2miles. very beautiful and nice wide trails for the most part. would do again!

Beautiful spot. Definitely use the app to make sure you stay on the trail. The water is crystal clear.

On of our favorite trail running spots. Most of the loop around Carr's Pond is wide and flat, everything else is a bit technical but nothing too challenging. Pet friendly!

Loved this trail - I went off of the 4mi loop mostly by choice, but there was one turn on my return that I couldn’t fine, so I chose to do a small loop to get back to the main trail and follow that back - the loop I added because of that was overgrown and muddy at parts

bridge out

Wonderful trail with adequate shade and beautiful views.

flooded

Great trail for kids we took our dog with us on the leash. Be cautious of other dogs that are without leashes.

recorded Carr's Pond and Tarbox Pond

Kai

Great hiking trail lot’s to see

Really pretty with some interesting bridges. Definitely a do again.

green train was good mini pond and lil waterfalls

Easy walk around the pond but muddy in a couple of spots and standing water in one area. No big issue. Parking on Carr’s Pond Rd. was scarce and possibly illegal.

Great hike but too many people with dogs off leash. I have no problems with dogs off leash if they are trained to be re-called by the owner. We encountered several dogs off leash with the owners not even in eye sight of the dogs. This is unfair and irresponsible to people who walk their dogs on leash and are charged by unleashed dogs.

Blazes aren’t clear

Great trail by the water. I loved it!!