Buck Hill Trail

Buck Hill Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pascoag, Rhode Island that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Two years ago I reviewed this trail after hiking it in April. The lack of trail markings is still a problem. There are many interconnecting trails (not shown on the AllTrails Map). If you are not using GPS then you are going to have problems. I saw no trail markings for the first 2.4 miles of this hike. It wasn't until I reached the Midstate Trail that I found the first blaze. I found that the short part of the Midstate Trail I hiked was well marked. The North-South trail was also very well marked. Then we returned to the unmarked Benson Mt. Trail. The hike is a good 7 mile hike although several parts of the trail were underwater. I'm sure that in a couple of weeks, that issue will go away. Excellent pet friendly, family friendly hike. It is a bit long for younger children. I gave it 3 stars because of the lack of trail markings and few points of interest. The only points of interest on this hike were the tri-state marker and frequent markers denoting the Mass-RI . border. Other than that, it is a nice moderate walk in the woods.

great place to hike. There are so many interesting trails that you can really make ever trip unique.

Monday, May 01, 2017

First 1/3 marred by trail bikers and race car stadium noise. Poorly marked trail. Middle third very nice. Last third Pleasant but dull climb out. It's OK but not worth a long drive.

Monday, April 24, 2017

trail not marked in some areas nice trail .parts of trail underwater

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Very good local hike. Wide trails. Good workout. During hunting season there are many hunters so you must wear the right colors. Bring your GPS as some of the paths are not well marked. Nice wetland views and elevations

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Excellent hike! Great workout! Well marked trails. The entire trail can be long winded and takes about 3 hours (give or take) to complete so not the best for little ones, but we often do part of the trail with the kiddos! Be aware of hunting season though-almost every time we hike here we cross paths with many hunters and we see tons of shotgun shells scattered about. Wear the right gear/colors and this trail is sure to be a favorite!

Friday, December 02, 2016

Just took my dog on the trail this morning. It is beautiful and a nice wide path. Just wish it was marked better since there are other paths to take. So i had to keep looking at my gps to figure out which way to go.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

The parking off Wood Road was spacious and conveniently located at the base of the trail. I was a little disappointed when starting up the trail as it was nothing more than a dirt road. My idea of a good hike is a narrow path in the woods with varying terrain. We followed this dirt road aka Benson Mt. Trail until it intersected with Starr Road. You guessed it another road as advertised. But I stuck with the hike as the tri-state marker was coming up soon. It was worth the wait. The marker was a fun place to show off to my Grandson and take fun pictures. After clowning around at the marker, we started walking the Mass-RI state line. This is where my idea of a good hike really started. It was a moderate trail that led into the North-South trail. The North-South Trail was a good work-out. I would rate this one as moderate too. There were a couple of long uphills that gave you a good work-out. My Golden Retriever especially enjoyed the various brooks and small streams we crossed.
There was a distinct lack of trail markings until we hit the North-South Trail. Take a map with you and Check in at the base of the Trail With AllTrails so you can follow your GPS and stay on track.
It is also a dog-friendly trail but as always, you need to keep the on a leash.

Saturday, August 12, 2017