Buck Hill Trail

Buck Hill Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pascoag, Rhode Island that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

First 1/3 marred by trail bikers and race car stadium noise. Poorly marked trail. Middle third very nice. Last third Pleasant but dull climb out. It's OK but not worth a long drive.

trail not marked in some areas nice trail .parts of trail underwater

Very good local hike. Wide trails. Good workout. During hunting season there are many hunters so you must wear the right colors. Bring your GPS as some of the paths are not well marked. Nice wetland views and elevations

Excellent hike! Great workout! Well marked trails. The entire trail can be long winded and takes about 3 hours (give or take) to complete so not the best for little ones, but we often do part of the trail with the kiddos! Be aware of hunting season though-almost every time we hike here we cross paths with many hunters and we see tons of shotgun shells scattered about. Wear the right gear/colors and this trail is sure to be a favorite!

Just took my dog on the trail this morning. It is beautiful and a nice wide path. Just wish it was marked better since there are other paths to take. So i had to keep looking at my gps to figure out which way to go.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday, April 24, 2016

The parking off Wood Road was spacious and conveniently located at the base of the trail. I was a little disappointed when starting up the trail as it was nothing more than a dirt road. My idea of a good hike is a narrow path in the woods with varying terrain. We followed this dirt road aka Benson Mt. Trail until it intersected with Starr Road. You guessed it another road as advertised. But I stuck with the hike as the tri-state marker was coming up soon. It was worth the wait. The marker was a fun place to show off to my Grandson and take fun pictures. After clowning around at the marker, we started walking the Mass-RI state line. This is where my idea of a good hike really started. It was a moderate trail that led into the North-South trail. The North-South Trail was a good work-out. I would rate this one as moderate too. There were a couple of long uphills that gave you a good work-out. My Golden Retriever especially enjoyed the various brooks and small streams we crossed.
There was a distinct lack of trail markings until we hit the North-South Trail. Take a map with you and Check in at the base of the Trail With AllTrails so you can follow your GPS and stay on track.
It is also a dog-friendly trail but as always, you need to keep the on a leash.

Monday, November 16, 2015