El Yunque Trail

El Yunque Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Campamento Zarzal, Puerto Rico that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from December until December.

I did this hike May 13th. I live in Florida so these are the closest mountains for me to get to easily. We went on a long weekend and I love hiking so any chance to get some elevation for hiking (Florida is flat) and I'm game. It's not Hawai'i or Colorado, but La Mina Falls hike was very cool.
I was disappointed with the lack of information about Hiking in PR. The drive up was fine. The road was well maintained, but there were a few narrow spots so beware or go on on if the many guided tours.
The friend I traveled with had never hiked so we tried to take well worn trails.
The hike to La Mina Falls was mostly paved with a 2ft wide path. It was fairly easy in hiking shoes and well maintained.
When we got to the falls my friend went swimming, as were a lot of locals. It seems to be a popular swimming spot. Note to self, wear a swim suit under my hiking shorts next time lol. The water was cold and the rocks surrounding the Falls were not too slippery.
After swimming/wadding, we noticed several people easily hiking off trail below us, actually they were barefoot so we decided to check out the other smaller falls downhill.
I love going off the beaten path, so this was fun and not too difficult to boulder. It took us away from the 30 or so people who were swimming in La Mina by noon.
Overall, for hiking this was fun and relatively close. Plus, you don't need a passport for Puerto Rico!
I would definitely include hiking if I was going to PR.
We wish we had time to climb MT Britton, but by noon it was raining at higher altitude and I decided not to go into uncharted territory in the rain with a novice hiker.
There is always next time!

Amazing!

I hiked this trail on 21 May 2017. the route is easy to follow but due to low cloud the views were limited. the church at the top is nice and offers shelter from wind and rain. on the wsy down i part hiked down the road and on the mount britton trail. enjoyable asnd not too strenuous.

Trail is not as hard as this rates it! Very nice path too. Mostly small rocks and gravel. Views are amazing if you get up the before noon

This was a hike conducted at El Yunque National Park, including a hike to the waterfall, and through the El Yunque trail to the peak and then to the observation tower.