Woodlawn Short Loop is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 295 feet Route Type: Loop

We ran out of time and took a shortcut back. The trail was exactly what we were hoping for, based on the photos and reviews.

Family of 5 with kids ages 5, 8 and 11. Nice and peacefu and not too crowdedl. Lots of bugs, trail wasn't well marked, dog poop and poop bags scattered throughout trail, especially at the beginning. There was horse poop but it didn't seem to bother us as much as the dog poop. The parking lot was small so may be crazy in warmer weather. We had some clouds and on and off rain showers.

Unmarked but straight forward. Followed gps on this app. No problems other than reaching the vineyards. A nice meander through the forest.

Pretty streams, woods and farm land. Some old ruins.

recorded Woodlawn Short Loop

Good for most anyone. There are some muddy spots and several stream crossings with no bridge. Be ready for possibly muddy or damp shoes. Wasn't a big problem. Mostly in the woods or partial shade with some field edges in the sun. Look for the old buildings and fireplaces in the woods. Is mostly woods or fields for scenery, but sometimes you can see some farm buildings or houses.

Sat May 18 2019

Like previously mentioned in other reviews. Quite a bit of up and down. Pretty scenic and low traffic. Would recommend for a shorter hike!

Sat Mar 30 2019

Nice hike, Rocky and quite a few inclines, so not easy for all. I recommend hiking boots and/or something water-resistant, as there are plenty of creek crossings and may be muddy after a good rain. This is also a horse trail used by a neighboring farm. It’s very serene and there are some remnants of old structures.

Mon Nov 05 2018

Me and my teenage son had a great time. And bring the map!! You will walk through water so be prepared

Sun Mar 04 2018

Definitely make sure you have your map with you, there are many branch offs. Did have to cross a stream with a few inches of water, twice. Which didn’t bother us, but a group behind us was surprised and didn’t continue on the trail because of it. Overall, an extremely fun trail. Will definitely be back.

Mon Jul 03 2017

I loved this trail, but then again I haven't encountered a trail I haven't liked. I do wish it was marked because I did end up getting a little lost- but it was completely my fault for not paying attention to the map. On this trail if you haven't done it before a map is essential. Take a breather by the creek, enjoy the farm you will pass, say hi to all the pups, and make sure to step aside for the mountain bikers- I did see a few on my hike today.