Wolf's Hollow Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Atglen, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 606 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Wolf's Hollow Park is a 569 acre park in southern Chester County Pa. Featuring diverse terrain from an easy stroll on a paved drive through open fields to rocky wooded climbs. There are 7.9 miles of trials running through the park passing historical sights and the scenic Octorara Creek. This is a foot only park, No bikes or horses, making it a relaxing place for hikers and trail runners. The paved drive is perfect for strollers and those who need a more even path. Dogs are welcome, but they must be leashed.

Warning, this is NOT easy. We did the blue trail and started to the right. We chose this one since it runs along the water, is less than 2 miles, and my kids like to play in the creek and it’s shallow enough for that. It was wonderful and fun. Lots of rocks along trail, be careful. Beautiful. But on end of loop we went up a serious hill (280ft according to my watch). It definitely wasn’t easy.

Excellent well kept trail . Thank you !

Did the blue trail it was rocky and there is a big incline but it was still nice.

Re-review now that the park is open. Very large park with a lot of trails. It shouldn't be marked as easy though. Many hills. Blue trail had creek crossing, fallen trees, and 300-400+ elevation climbs on a trail of jagged rocks and roots. All fine and good, but definitely moderate hiking. Easy to me is flat trail. Now if you keep to the wolf Hollow Road trail then sure that's easy but still had hills and wasn't flat. Just so people know. It was a great workout I will say that.

Couldn't walk as it was closed due to over reacting idiots. Took my dog and we were both disappointed. Sorry trails shouldn't be closed. You won't get sick walking a trail. Very disappointed. May review once the madness and gov Tom wolf authoritarian overreach ends.

Great Trail, quite rocky in some areas. Part of the loop was inaccessible.

Did this loop instead of the recommended because of rain. Would recommend this loop.

was a nice hike! Some rocks and roots but overall very nice. We did the Forest loop and Octoaro trails.

great trail, well maintained, nice section near creek. generally easy with a few short hills. great In fall.

Great park for easy and moderate hiking. Well maintained and marked. Hill and hollow is the most difficult but fun.

easy to moderate nice veiws trails well maintained and comfortable area and quiet

This was a really fun trail. A little hard to follow the trail signs to complete the full outside loop but still had a great hike and workout. The trail was very well maintained and the views were great. Nice and quite as well, only saw one other person on the trail and just a few cars in the lot. It was stinking hot today so that may have kept most sane people away. Highly recommend.

Definitely a great day hike. The main outer loop without any side loops is about 4.3 miles and is a variety of paved and wide to narrow and rocky. Some of the scenery is farmland but also parts that are deep in the woods and runs by the Octorara Creek. A bit steep for any who are not used to hiking in rough terrain, but my 3 kids (age 8 - 12) and I managed fine. Very beautiful hike with lots to see! Plenty of benches to take breaks if needed. Some rock hopping across the creek is required but they are very narrow crossings. The only reason I didn't give this trail 5 stars was because a section of it ran near a gun range, so you'll have to deal with the loud rapport echoing through the woods for a while. Other than that it was very pleasant. Really want to hit this trail again in the Fall!

Did most of this with the kids today. It was beautiful with a great variety in landscape. Keep in mind that this loop is a composite of multiple trails so it’s wise to grab a paper map to use alongside this app. We started on the blue trail and were most of the way through it before realizing we’d missed a connection to the red trail. So we backtracked and crossed the creek where it looked right. This was an unmarked connection on either map BUT it’s very obvious if you know you have to rock hop a few feet across the creek to what is obviously a trail on the other side. We just didn’t know what we were looking for on the first go round. We bypassed most of the fenceline trail by walking a bit on the paved road and then ducked back in. Some very rocky bits - the first decline on the blue trail was slow going for us as we had to be extra careful due to rocks and roots. There were plenty of steep hills, but they were interspersed with level places and ample benches/picnic tables for taking breaks. We loved the white trail - the creek, and ruins, and rocks there were lovely. We look foreword to going back and exploring more.

this was a really nice trail. I didn't want to be exposed to the sun on the octorara ridge but I took all the trails up to the ridge and turned back to the forest loop. nice inclines to get your heart rate up. very nice trail but I didn't even register 4 miles. not sure where the 5.1 comes from

Wed May 29 2019

This is the nicest and prettiest county parks I've been to. Go yourself,with a dog or a family and there's something to see or do. Trails are diverse with hills, open fields, Creek, pond, etc... just beautiful for hiking. No bicycles!!!!! - Hill and Hollow trail transitions as a relatively steep decent or incline from the West end of it. It's rocky and has roots sticking out. Hollow portion of the trail is a mix of path w/rocks. It follows the creek the whole way. You have to walk the Wolf's Hollow drive after parking lots but it's absolutely gorgeous and can be done easily even with child strollers (saw several families doing it). complaint?? no trash cans for dog waste.

Sat May 25 2019

Although it notes on the app this is a road biking trail, it does not allow biking! Don’t bring your bikes or someone WILL say something to you. Otherwise, beautiful park! The paved road would be ideal for a leisurely bike, so it is a shame they don’t allow them!

Sun Mar 24 2019

Really nice place with wide open spaces, woods and plenty of streams. Very small paved parking lot but they do allow grass overflow parking. Trails are in good shape. They have portable toilets at the parking lot and picnic tables close by to parking. We went today (3/24) so green and flowers weren't out. I did not due the whole 5 miles but plan to go back to do the whole loop. The park has some hills (some steep) so be prepared.

Sun Feb 17 2019

Wolfs hollow is the best of both worlds - you can stay on the paved path and see the amazing observation spot - or you can step off into the wooded trails. Park does have a lot of hills, so may not be for everyone. The scenery is beautiful, lots of hidden gems to find while out on the path! My only beef is that they literally have NO trash cans for dog poop bags. Therefore lots of bags just left hidden behind trees.....isn’t a huge problem but for those of us with dogs we’d like to properly dispose of our dogs waste.

Sun Jan 13 2019

Great trails for hiking and running. Scenic, a number of benches and picnic tables throughout for a lunch break. Spend 2-3 hours for a 4-5 mile hike. Plenty of parking. Some steep terrain. I don’t recommend tennis shoes off the paved road.

Mon Nov 26 2018

Very nice scenic trails. some paved some grass some woodland. No bikes allowed.

Sat Aug 25 2018

I took my Dalmatian for a hike here and we both loved it. We hiked for about 2hrs and went about 4miles. Everything is well marked and clean. There was a lot of cars parked but didn’t meet too many people/dogs on trail so that was nice. I went on a Saturday so I expected to meet people/dogs. Downside: no trash cans to throw away my dogs waste. Overall, a great place to spend some time outside for a few hours.

Sun Jun 24 2018

Nice trail. We will definitely explore more!

Sat Apr 21 2018

Excellent hike. Hiking has a great mix of fields, woods, hills, and stream . There are paved trails, but mostly unpaved in fields and woods. There are many trails, marked fairly well by arrows. It seems very well taken care of with birdhouses, benches and picnic tables throughout. Facilities are portapotties only. It is an hour away for us, but we will be back.

Sat Jan 20 2018

First time here. Lovely park, well marked trails with picnic tables spaced throughout. Trekking poles are helpful

Wed Oct 11 2017

It's a pretty decent workout, especially due to the length. I prefer trails that are more wooded but this is a nice little park, with a variety of field, forest and paved areas. Light hikers or sneakers are fine, I'd suggest hiking poles for those of us with balance issues.

Sun Sep 03 2017

Pretty good trails and nice scenery . Very maintained and trails were marked . There is a shooting range or something similar across the stream , however so the sound of gunfire is very prevalent .

Thu Aug 24 2017

great scenery and trails but I would not have given this an easy rating. there are some steep grades on some of the trails. if you are in tip top shape then maybe this wouldn't be overly challenge but for this gal it was a tiring 5 miles.