Wolf Rocks via Appalachian Trail

Wolf Rocks via Appalachian Trail is a 4.8 mile out and back trail located near Bangor, Pennsylvania that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trail. Mostly easy with a few tricky bits over the rocks. Nice viewa

Collado was here 10/22 Went Camping.. Defenetly a crazy night. Bear approached our campsite, Airhorn so it ran away.. & huge bucks in the morning hrs 6am.. Awesome Hike & Rock Peak View.. Will go again...

this is definitely the easiest part of the appalachian trail between windgap and deleware water gap. some rocks but mostly open trail and the boulder mountain was fun to climb up. my 10 7 and 5 year old s had a blast.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Great 5 mile hike for my dogs and I! The trail IS extremely rocky with a brief 10-20 min boulder-like ascent. Completed this is two hours.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Surprisingly my GPS took my right to the parking area for this trail. The parking area is very small and on the side of a pretty busy road. It fits about 5-6 cars at most. I think there may have been another place to park on the opposite side of the road (where there were also bathrooms - port-o-potties I think, I didn't personally inspect them). The trail itself was great, pretty level and you're really just walking through the forest for the first couple miles surrounded by ferns and trees every way you look (and these super gross, giant, burgundy centipede things - yuck). As you're walking there are various spots where the trail forks, but there are logs (big sticks really) guiding you toward one path and blocking the other choice; so it's pretty easy to use common sense here if you're trying to stay on the main trail.

About 1.5 miles in we reached a very rocky area where we had to climb up boulders to get to the next part of the trail. It's pretty intense, but not so bad. My 2 year old German shepherd was able to do it and she's pretty small for her breed (also pretty crazy, though). After that you're on top of the mountain and still jumping from boulder to boulder, but traveling forward and not upward. Soon after, you'll reach a beautiful scenic overlook, which is where we all pretty much stopped. My pup and I went about half a mile further up just to check it out and the rocky area only lasted for about 1/4 of a mile. Then there's a slow decline back onto a dirt path and you're back to the green tunnel vibe from the beginning.

Godspeed, my friends.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

a bit rocky, as is to be expected in PA, but a relatively easy hike. Be careful on the rocks but the views are worth the effort. If you don't feel like climbing take the blue trail around them.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Great hike! My husband and I loved the rock climbing part!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

From Fox Gap it's a cake walk until about 50 yards from Wolf Rocks. Beautiful skilled climb up WRocks. Great views. Worth it.

Monday, October 24, 2016

It was a lovely trail, especially in the fall. It is really rocky, but the view is worth it!

Monday, October 10, 2016

Great hike, very rocky but worth it. Great view atop wolf rocks.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

haven't done it yet but plan on next year

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

An easy trail with just enough climbing to get the blood pumping. Great views and very clean.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

An amazing view from the top of the rocks and a perfect spot to view the sunset.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Excellent for a day hike; easy but satisfying; not too many great views until on top of Wolf Rocks

Sunday, February 07, 2016

I hike this trail today and it was very nice. I'm pretty overweight from lack of exercise and still found it to be an easy hike. I have to say that we were only about a 10th of a mile from the rocks when my daughters hands got cold and we turned around and went back we will attempt it again in two weeks.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Fun rocks to climb over!

Monday, November 09, 2015

Easy scenic hike! Be cautious climbing on the rocks. Not a crowded trail, small parking lot, some through hikers on the AT stoped here to chat with us. Beautiful view, makes for a great time!

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Well marked, great views.

Saturday, July 04, 2015

So fun! Watch out for bears and snakes though...

Sunday, May 24, 2015

A great day trip for adventurers of any level. Be careful where you step, like the rest of the AT, this section is rocky but once you reach the big boulders of Wolf Rocks there is a beautifully rewarding view.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Great hike. Mostly level until you get to the rocks. On a rainy / wet day the rocks can be slippery so be careful. Once you get to the top it is well worth it. The view is great. Oh and watch for basking snakes in the rocks!

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

The trail is pretty easy and it's not hard to find. Rocks along the path require you to watch your step, but overall it's a leisurely trip to the big rocks. Once you get to the Wolf Rocks, they're fun to climb and the view is pretty nice.

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Nice flat trail. Bouldering or climbing near wolf rocks.
Nice view formt he rocks