Wolf Creek Narrows Nature Area is a 4.5 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 km Elevation Gain: 58 m Route Type: Loop

Found a gem of a place this morning and LOVED it. We will be back for many more trail runs and camping.

This has to be my favorite local trail. The trail on the parking lot side is very a very easy walk, including plenty of spots to get up to the water. The side across the bridge is my favorite though. Beautiful wildflowers, the trees and river make for such a pleasant time. There's a cute little beach to take a picnic at or just play in the water for a bit. I would say the hill is slightly challenging for beginners but there's a well-made bench at the top to rest at. Plenty of wildlife as well!

I consider this trail easy not moderate as stated. The trail across the bridge is better than the one by the parking lot. It goes along the water. If you stay to the left it goes up a steep hill but easier coming down the Other side. More of a gradual hills but more of them. The one by the lot is a straight flat trail. Great for the casual walker. I don’t think we will return unless it’s raining. Because it will be easy trail and not dangerous. Crossed this off my list.

This was a fairly easy hike although it did have one big uphill and downhill. The wildflowers were absolutely amazing! I cannot wait to come back next week to see what else is blooming! When I arrived the small parking lot was filled and cars were parked up the side of the road, which kind of made me nervous. Once I got on the trails people were very respectful, amidst the covid-19 social distancing rules, for the number of cars out front, I was very surprised at how well everybody was spread out. this is a nice place to bring children, as there were many families with various ages of youngsters. There were a few dead trees down here and there, but everything had been taken care of and the trails were very well-maintained. If you are a wildflower lover, this should be one of your go-to places.

The trail was amazing once we found it. The beginning of the trail is located across the metal bridge from where you park (we struggled a little to find it). The trail is clean and clear with only 2 trees that are obstructing the path. We will be back!

Great walk have no complaints !!

Spring wildflower bloom is incredible here. Blue bells, trillium, trout lilly, spring beauties, etc.. nice 2-3 mile loop. Not strenuous at all. Great swimming holes for in the summer

Perfect nature trail if you’re looking for a 3 mile hike along the water. Good variation of water, hills, and forest. A little muddy in spots so wear boots if it rained recently. First part of the trail wasn’t quite as well marked (near parking). The second part was very well marked with white blazes. I’d consider it between easy and moderate due to the brief but steep elevation climb. Definitely kid friendly though.

I just loved this trail. The part north of the bridge was lovely. Wide, clearly marked paths and the creek is beautiful along that part. The part south of the bridge was pretty meh. Do that part first. I only wish that the northern part was longer.

Trail was beautiful!

The trail next to the parking lot is out and back ~ we could not find a loop. We enjoyed the trail across the bridge much better. There was a nice creek to follow. Trail was marked more clearly.

A nice simple trail. Follows a pretty creek with areas to stop and camp or play in the water. The southern loop is more challenging than the northern loop, and the better of the 2 sides. Don’t expect to get too far from the road and bring bug spray! Not sure if it was the time of day/my own beautiful aroma, but I resprayed 3-4 times and I still couldn’t keep little bugs from kamikaze-ing my eyes. Would love to go back in early fall when the leaves change and bugs aren’t as bad.

Thu May 09 2019

Great trail. Saw our first eagle during a hike as well as a family of raccoons. Chased some deer but never caught up to them. On the trail with the fire pit ( same side as parking area) it was impossible to find the loop so it was an out and back. The trail on the opposite side was well marked and neat. Well worth the drive!

Thu Apr 04 2019

A short but pleasant little out and back trail right off the parking area that follows along with and ends at the creek. There's a fire ring in an open area at a point along the trail and plenty of trees for hammocking. The trail is well worn but not crowded. Walking alongside the creek is very peaceful. Good for a quick evening walk or a spot to hang out in nature.

Sun Feb 10 2019

Easy walk beside a beautiful stream and through some mature hemlocks. Some large chunks of ice near the trailhead to navigate because of the recent weather. I took a deer trail through some rocks which required a little scrambling and had a little exposure that isn't part of the marked trail.

Wed Aug 15 2018

Hiking with my Great Dane Dima. It was a super nice walk! Beautiful hearing the creek and the frogs and birds. It’s all new to her since she’s just about 4 months old. What a blast. Definitely doing again!

Wed May 16 2018

Very enjoyable. Picked up other people’s trash and carried out to very visible trash can in parking lot. Nice trail and wildlife.

Thu Mar 29 2018

Tons of wild flowers in the spring along the creek and in the woods on the hill above. I love this trail and hike it frequently throughout the year. Not too difficult. Easy to follow trail.

Sun Jan 07 2018

Excellent trail! I would say easy, personally. Very few challenges and the blazes are easy to see and follow.

Wed Aug 02 2017

Moderate but not too difficult