Wissahickon Gorge North Loop

Wissahickon Gorge North Loop is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 662 feet Route Type: Loop

42 minutes ago

Loved it here! However, it would be nice if this app would include specifically what trails their route includes. Most of the time we followed this map, however there were times we absolutely couldn't figure it out and we were off Trail. Ended up walking 7 to 8 miles rather than the 4.7 this app says the trail is because of that.

needs better trail markings great trails

Easy hike. I would definitely go again.

Great for getting away from the city for a bit. Not too many people.

Great trail...

Overall, very nice hike. Moderate difficulty is accurate. Mostly well worn trails to follow, some minor scrambling over things in areas where the trail wasn’t as well worn. Signage/trail markings isn’t as intuitive as some places - AllTrails app was useful in that it let me know when I was deviating from my route. Passed a very large group (seemed like 100 or more people) having a loud party (blasting music, loud voices) at one of the most heavily flowing (hence scenic) water spots on the gorge. Not very respectful to other people trying to enjoy their time out in nature.

This is literally the best place in earth. If you’re an avid trail runner the scenery can’t be beat, along with the challenging climbs. Love this place.

Great trail! A lot of different trails to take.

Great little trail but feels a little short and it meets with heavily trafficked areas.

My boyfriend and I loved this trail! There are different paths for different skill levels and activities. We walked about 2 hours and there is still so much of the park we didn’t get to see. We are looking forward to going back and exploring more

Awesome trail. Extremely well marked. Rocky at parts so be careful of that

Well kept trail with great views! Plenty of places to stop along the way and take a dip in the water.

Great Trail. So much to see. Never gets boring. Very shady in the summer. Offers easy hikes on the main Forbidden Trail. And side trails that offer more strenuous hikes.

Great trail, especially being so close to Philly. The only downside is that’s it’s supppppeeerrr crowded.

Crowded, but well maintained. Nice 3 hour hike at a slow pace

Moderate difficulty hike with light traffic. Ample green shade, didn't feel the heat even though the temperature was somewhere above 80f. We started with white trail, then orange and then white trail till the parking. Hiking shoes are recommend.

Got lost, fell in mud, spilled all my water. But perfect weather and serene. So, good day?

My new favorite trail head n the Delaware valley.