Wissahickon Creek Gorge Loop Trail

Wissahickon Creek Gorge Loop Trail is a 9.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Wissahickon Creek Gorge Orange and WhiteTrail is a 6.58 mile point-to-point trail located near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking & walking and is accessible year-round.

love this place and come here all the time! parking can be tricky at times

went for a 6.5 mile hike with a friend, amazing. we took the orange trail the whole time and there was a lot to see. very cool places to see along the river, easy/moderate path most of the way. saw old stone stairs, cool bridges. even though there was a decent amount of people there could still go awhile without seeing someone on the trail. very friendly people. only con, is the parking. really isn't a lot of parking here.

I am amazed each time I come down to Wissahickon Park. The trails are endless. Each time I am down here I find a new path to explore.

Loved this trail! It has plenty of technical features, is a beautiful area, populated enough without over crowding, and when you get tired you can walk the flat gravel path home on the other side of the creek.
I would NOT rate this as easy though.... definitely moderate. We took our 9 and 11 year olds and they were fine but we watched over them very closely.

nice nature walk, very easy.

We had a great time today at this trail. My dog was able to complete the trails and played in the water!

amazing view, dog very friendly, hiking trails that make u really want to climb up mountian. me and my pup enjoy going up the mountian and u also get to enjoy natural earth boulders made by planet earth. hiking trails literally take almost 2 days to complete unless your a runner or biker than a day but still hours to finish!! it's amazing and my first great adventure to start out. we have many more hiki g spots to try out!!

It's always beautiful along the Wissahickon.

i took a steep hill down to the covered bridge. it was a really nice trail.

Parking was a bit difficult, but it was nice to know that if we followed the path a bit further that there was a little parking lot. The trail was easy and the scenery was great. Definitely plan on coming back.

I absolutely love this place. My go to place when I want to relax and be outdoors.

Very scenic. Many side trails worth exploring. Well maintained.

Found day exploring. I found a couple new trails today.

A very nice hike in a pretty park. However, the trail is not well marked in places. In fact, we did not not complete the hike as shown in All Trails because we found ourselves way off track several times. Also, the trail is rated as "easy." We may not be seasoned hikers, but we've been on numerous hikes. The trail, in my opinion, should be given a rating of "moderate" at the very least.

We entered through the Chestnut Hill Avenue trail and the entire trail we passed through was amazing - with water down on the right and birds chirping far up the trees. Definitely planning to go many more times and trek longer distance.

It was a nice hike. Fun obstacles throughout

love this park, different levels of hiking for a great day out,check out the fingerspan bridge and devils pond

Nice trails
You meet a lot of nice people.
Chewy My dog loves it

My absolute favorite place with multiple places to explore! If you take the higher up trails keep an eye on your footing as there are many rocks. Many things to see!!!

Relaxing hike, lots of dogs, and some climbing!

Beautiful, well maintained trails with a variety of options- flat/gravel, flat natural, inclined- for a variety of styles. Never gets old or boring. Have tried a lot of parks in the area but the Wissahickon is the one I keep coming back to

love this hike. nice and easy, very scenic . you can feel the history of the area

Easy, beautiful green and water, dog friendly :)

We had a great time biking the trails. We got caught in the rain but we still enjoyed ourselves.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Spectacular all year round.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Great if your looking for something slightly more challenging then a straight path. Did this with a toddler on my back with no issues. Trails are marked great and historic pieces are entertaining to find and look at. Only annoying part was the people lounging around some of the most scenic parts, taking away from the total experience in my opinion. I'd go back only because I live close and I'd like a chance to get close to some things I didn't get to this first time due to crowding. Go early!

Monday, April 03, 2017

Nice and easy hike. There are lots of people, but the trail never feels over trafficked since it is pretty spacious. My dog loved to watch the waterfall. It's very relaxing.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Really worth it!! A lot of pretty sights and it's a really good exercise if you walk completely around.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Beautiful inner-city trail (it make you forget that you are in the city). Few up and down hills but it's still an easy hike. Also very scenic for fall foliage photography!!!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

I went with my husband and dog on an unusually warm February Saturday. There many other people with dogs. All were very friendly and our dog, Maggie, made lots of new friends. The walk was very good and a bit of a challenge for my very overweight and out of shape husband but not overwhelming.