Wildflower Reserve Trail

Wildflower Reserve Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hookstown, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 2.9 miles Elevation Gain: 127 feet Route Type: Loop

The trail the app says it is is a couple of trailers intertwined together. with the help of a map they offer you can find your way in any direction you want easily very nice. the beaver trail was overgrown the most the others were perfect. narrow paths and more plant growth than trees. very nice for my first hike.

Trail is not called what the app says - it was a combination of several trails. It was really enjoyable despite a lot of areas being very overgrown or muddy.

Very beautiful trail! definitely recommend going on Hickory Trail. Gives you access to the creek when the water is low is its own fun walk

Nice trail, easy hike, lots of mud when we went in late June. The wildflower loop was beautiful, butterflies, colorful plants.

The dark blue trail (Jennings Trail) is the longest trail in the park and very nice. I really enjoyed my time on the trail. Make sure you visit the information area in the wildflower reserve. Lots of things to see and when I was there the attendant was amazing and taught me so much.

I didn't follow the path exactly, but close enough. Some trails were really muddy, not unexpected. Saw a nice variety of wildflowers and wildlife.

Very muddy but passable.

Nice trail. Not to crowded. Muddy, as expected after a rain. Not many huge hills. Overall a pretty good trail.

Nice easy hike, with some parts beside the river. We saw scarlet tanagers, woodpeckers, and other birds. The best part were the bluebells, trillium and other flowers! We wore waterproof shoes since it had been raining and used our sticks. It was muddy.

Beautiful trail this time of year (April-May) especially. It was a little muddy, but less than I expected and nothing we couldn't navigate easily. There are a few loops/connecting trails in this system so you can take a longer hike and explore more if you want. Well maintained and lots to see. Some areas pass near Raccoon Creek. Good for young kids.

Went out today with my 4 year old and had a great winter hike. So there isn't confusion, there isn't an actual trail called Wildflower Reserve trail. It's a series of interwoven trails inside with Wildflower Reserve. The Old Field trail follows along Raccoon Creek and is beautiful in the frozen part of winter.

Sat Jun 09 2018

Nice trail down by the water, but overall, wasn’t much to look at. There were several smaller trails that branched off which made it a bit confusing to know which way to go. Very easy hike

Wed Nov 08 2017

Well maintained. Easy terrain. Took Webelos Scouts for their 3 mile. Perfect place.

Tue Sep 05 2017

The Wildflower Reserve is a lovely place for nature walking. There are several trails within the reserve so you can take an hour or an afternoon. I suggest exploring on a weekday in late April - early May to get the full wildflower display. Many scenic overviews can be found on the Audubon Trail, and the creekside Old Field Trail is quite peaceful. Only a small portion of the Jennings Trail travels close enough to the highway for traffic noise. No pets.

Mon Jul 17 2017

The trails on the lower half were very muddy. Very noisy at points some trials were closer to the highway.

Sun May 21 2017

NO DOGS ALLOWED, I did not hike this trail, as I had my dogs with me. I just wanted to review so nobody else goes all the way out there, then finds out. it's the only hike in Raccoon State Park that dogs are not allowed. Hope this helps

Sat Feb 13 2016

Fun trail just went on an overcast day will give better review after going again