White Trail Loop

White Trail Loop is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Newton Square, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good hiking, some deep incline keeps the variety. But the trail markers are very poorly kept. Pretty hike, spots by the water are gorgeous. Plenty of areas for rest and to refill on water.

Very busy day on the trails.

Really nice walk. Couple of hills to go up and down (watch for roots). The map on this app DOES NOT match up with the actual white trail. With about a quarter left in the walk make sure to pull the app out and follow the red gps line (pretty much end up on the yellow trail).

1st snow of the season this morning.

Took my Jack Russell Piper out to hike there today. Lots of fun we had the place to ourselves, she wasn’t a big fan of meeting the horses but other than that we loved it. It’s got just enough inclines/declines to keep it interesting but manageable with my repaired knee. Will be taking all three dogs the next time!

The first half of the hike was great but after the half way point the All Trails map took us way off course which was disappointing. I recommend the blue trail over the white trail.

Not that well marked and gets a bit confusing with alternative trails that are available...

Very nice loop with good variety of flat and hills. Many roots and rocks on the trail so need to be mindful of your footing. We did the entire loop on a sunny Saturday afternoon in October. Parts near the roads are more heavily traveled, but it is still a peaceful trail.

awesome trail! wish there were maps along the trail.

I've hiked this trail in its entirety 3 times so far, and it definitely earns a moderate rating. I prefer the sections near the water (doesn't everyone) but it has its fair share of hilly forest and a bit of open field near the petroleum pipeline (oh, yay). It can be rather flat in sections but also has some rather challenging hills (one of which is practically all gravel and yes, I fell on my butt). Lots of tree roots jump out and try and to grab you. I'd recommend light hikers, a water bottle and hiking sticks for us older folks.

The trails can be very secluded. Brought my dog, we explored a quarter of it. was looking for the water fountain. deff found it. If u ask around ask for the dam. That's really what it is. U can find the dam (waterfall) on the creek. ask about the creek and u find it. The location of the waterfall is no where near the trails. For those chasing the falls lol.. other than that we enjoyed. the trails nothing complicated its very basic. Btw the waterfall is small so weather u wanna make that trip its on u. ppl are just good with taking photos. Like the one u will see of my dog lol...

pretty great hike, definitely a workout! not much of a scenic route but there are some horses and trails for them too.

This was a great moderate hike. With such close proximity to the city, it doesn't get much better for a relaxing, quiet stroll through the woods. With a few ups and downs, we were under solid canopy most of the way. While there are a lot of trail intersections, we didn't have any problems keeping on the white trail—just keep your eyes peeled for the blazes on the trees.

Good little loop, I recommend a hybrid though... start at the parking lot near the main office, walk across the street + along the horse farm, then get on the White Trail via the paved road. On the White Trail cut over to the trail right alongside the creek until you run into the paved Sycamore Mills Rd. Walk along that to the Falls/Dam, then use Forge Rd -> Yellow Trail back to the parking lot. Lots of ducking and dodging if you're over 5' tall!

It was nice

enjoyed this hike but there were a couple of confusing spots where I didn't know witch path to take. there are quite a few steep hills that are riddled with rocks and branches so people with joint issues or plantar fasciitis be aware that you'll be sore later. nice creek views here and there, nature and wildlife surround you most of the time. all in all I enjoyed myself and will very likely return in the near future.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

RCSP White Trail is confusing. There is one loop north of Painter Rd, and more trail South of Painter. The part most know about and use (because it is all the park maps provide) is north of Painter. The longest colored trail, & overall most difficult. Continuous loop. This trail will take you up & down some big hillsides, several times. One (near #16) is very steep & rocky. You will cross bridges, & other stream areas without bridges. This intersects various other trails. At intersection with red & blue, there is a fallen log cut to make a bench. The portion that follows the creek has weird sandy area mixed with dirt, & oddly, clamshells can be found.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Nice little park, moderate trail. A few up and down hill spots. Trail is not paved so a good choice for a nature go-er. Just a FYI, the water dam is not along this trail, but there are plenty of parking lots right next to it. We drove over to see before leaving.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Very well maintained trail and lots of small trails branching off of the main one. Made for a great Saturday afternoon hike

Monday, February 27, 2017

I went in February when it was 70 degrees outside. It was still beautiful even with the trees being brown and dead. I like the multi- use trail were runners, walkers, and bikers share the road. Every half mile or so you can find a trail off to the side that you can follow. I enjoyed the walk underneath the very tall trees. I liked looking at the house ruins as well, houses dating back from the 1700s. A lot of history.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Very pretty and easy walk on the paved road along the creek. Busy with people and dogs. I haven't been back to this park in 30 years and look forward to exploring the area again.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Super accessible running. Lots of connections to add miles to tick away at. Watch your step on the leaf pack and wet roots.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

The trail was well kept. Markers were a tid bit confusing at times. My dog enjoys waterfalls so that was the reason we chose this trail but....no waterfall. must be way off trail because I didn't even hear it.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Good trail. Well marked. Lightly trafficked. Can also do blue and yellow trail. Pick up a map just before heading out.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Great exercise and variety for a short hike!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

White trail is a good hike not too difficult. I do find the trail markings a bit hard to follow. All trails saved me a few times.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Great well kept trail. Easy to follow markings.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

I found it to be relaxing and challenging at the same time. This was my first time. Was scared to get lost. Next time I will find that waterfall!

Thursday, September 01, 2016