White Rocks Trail

White Rocks Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great Trail. Well marked & used. Great rocks for climbing, repelling, and bouldering. Climbs the mountain to top about 500' gain, then heads out along the top of the mountain until it hits Center Point Knob. Joins the Appalachian Trail at Center Point Knob (about 1.5mi from trail head)

Great short hike. The rocks made it a good workout. Beautiful view from the top.

Fabulous hike. Beginning is 2 miles of flat fields. Enjoy the stretch! Soon after the elevation begins with rocky trails followed by house sized boulders that the trails meanders through. Not really a dog friendly trail through the boulders. The views were beautiful and what a fun hike! Well marked!

Today was very windy and colder than we were expecting for a late April hike. The trail is well marked and the views and couple of rock scrambles along the ridge are perfect for a moderate rating hiking trail. Good hiking boots are highly recommended for this craggy trail.

great day for a hike on this rocky trail

Enjoyable hike up to Center Point Knob via White Rocks trail. Nice variety of rock formations and scrambles. There are some pretty narrow passageways through some of the rocks. Overall, this is a quick and fun day hike!

Good short out and back. Very rocky near the top, but had no issues with wife and dog. We opted to continue on down the mountain on the AT, which has you finally cross a farmed field. we walked the roads back to the parking. All together, had a great time and legs feel tired.

A little too rocky for me, pretty easy short hike with an okay view of some trees

Great trail for a short hike. The views of Boiling Springs on the first blue moon was worth every step. Minor scrambling at the top.

Great trail, vistas are limited in that there are no obvious views but they are there. Scrambling is fun and the rocks are a challenge. At the end of the trail, it intersects with the AT. Walk the extra 100 yards up the hill to Center Point Knob and look for the bronze marker on the rock.

One of my favorite small hikes in the area! My dog came along too, but it is VERY rocky! A nice ascent with some amazing rock formations on the ridge that you can climb!

Great trail with an awesome view from the top. Be sure to wear boots with good ankle support and good Tread to help safely scramble over the rocks

It’s great and rocky

Loved climbing all over the rocks!

From trailhead it’s straight up to 1050 feet over mostly rocks and roots. At top I joined AT towards Boiling Springs then made full circle back to trailhead. 5.5 miles. Lovely.

Beautiful, northeast facing overlook! Perfect for sunrise! Wear sturdy shoes as it's rocky 3/4 of the trail. Halfway in, it gets relatively steep with rocks. And the top is all scrambles. Easy for dogs. Children would be harder. It does require some endurance for beginner hikers.

The climbing is worth the view, give it a few more weeks for fall foliage!

I love this trail and it's marked very well. You don't need any special gear, sneakers and a water source will be fine. But if you're going to be the first one on it in the morning, like I was, find some decent sticks to clear out all the spiderwebs that were made overnight!

Great hike for kids and adults alike.

Great trail, beware of the snakes though

Beautiful trail, love the rocky terrain!! Nicely marked trail!

Nice trail!! Did it with my 3 year old son and 10 months on pup! Will definitely be going again!

Nice trail with some elevation and winding through rocks. Me and the pup had a good time! Even after getting caught in a downpour

Monday, May 22, 2017

Amazing! Loved this trail, amazing views and rocks to climb!

Monday, May 22, 2017

Very easy trail. Well marked. Once you get to the top of the mountain you make a right and have to climb over some pretty big rocks to get to the view spot. Very cool to climb all over the huge rocks. We went here at the end of May. Everything was beautiful green, but I'm sure it would be insanely gorgeous with the fall colors. Also on the way down we seen a scarlet tanager.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

What a fantastic trail. My friend and I picked this trail out of the blue, and I think there was divine intervention involved. Never have I seen with my own eyes rock formations as beautiful as the ones on this trail. What makes it even better is that you can climb all of them. I could spend the rest of my life on that mountain and never get bored. I will certainly be returning to this trail in the near future. It is truly a hidden gem of central Pennsylvania. You can even link up with some AT hikers if you please, and maybe make your way to Maine or Georgia yourself. Whatever your fitness, skill, drive, and determination is, this trail has something for everyone. The views, the wildlife, the climbing, the trees, it doesn't get better than white rocks. Stop for some lunch on the rocks. Watch the birds soar across the sky. Push your mind and body to the limit as you ascend the towering boulders. Observe an innocent caterpillar squirm his way along with not a care in the world. This trial deserves more than respect. It deserves praise and worship for its beauty and all the happiness it brings to the human soul. A part of me will always live on that mountain, and my spirit will always reside there.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Such a fun trail! I love all the climbing opportunities along the way, and the views are gorgeous. Took my dog along and he had a wonderful time rock-hopping (he's very agile) but my friend's dog found it to be a bit challenging and he ended up slowing us down because we had to lift him over a few areas that he couldn't quite figure out how to climb so if you're taking a dog, keep that in mind. Not crowded, saw maybe 3 people the whole time. Saw 6 deer pretty close to the trail as well. There was one area with some graffiti and broken glass (someone's always gotta ruin it) but the rest of the trail was clean and free of debris which was refreshing. Hate seeing trash out in nature!

Friday, May 05, 2017

Great hike! Steep for a little one. I had to carry my son in his carrier about halfway. Enjoyed a snack on top of the mountain. Beautiful outlook!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A good tough hike with some great rocks, and good views.

It loses a star due to the sheer amount of trash on the trail. I know it's not the trail's fault, but there's nothing I despise more than a trashy trail.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Beautiful day out on the trail. The first half mile is an up hill walk, but not a hard walk. Once you reach the peak, keep following the blue markers to reach the rocks.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Great trail. Definitely need good hiking shoes, but blazes clearly marked and really peaceful through the rocky portions along the midsection of the trail. Take time to climb up to top of rocks for great view.

Monday, March 27, 2017

We had a blast hiking this trail. We took our dog and he made it a little tricky to navigate the rocks, but it wouldn't be a tough climb without him. The hardest part of the trail was at the top of the mountain, there were a lot of large rocks to navigate around. We arrived around 10:30 on a cloudy Sunday and never saw anyone else! There were nice views from the too but no big overlook, just looking through the trees. It would be tough to see the views when there are leaves on the trees though.