White Oak Park Trail is a 5.3 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near McKeesport, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.3 km Elevation Gain: 123 m Route Type: Loop

Nice 810 acre park located in White Oak PA. Very friendly to mountain bikers.

Love this trail. It’s very secluded for the most part and easy to see. many trails cross each other so I followed the app to stay on track. It’s nice for running as well. Was a little difficult to find at first but using the app I got to the correct start point

Hiked this trail for the first time today and it was great! At first when we pulled in it was a little hard to find. It’s towards the right across the field along the wood line. Otherwise loved it! The trails were very easy to walk and find. Highly recommend.

Awesome trail. Well-kept multi-use trails, very low traffic, and good options for loops. Excellent for mountain biking as well - not single track, but nice obstacles beside the regular trail.

flooded

To find the trail head go behind the municipal building and up into the gravel parking lot towards the left. Walk through the field and the grass open trail is on your right along the tree line. Once you’re in the trails are amazing! Lots of bikes though.

Maybe I did something wrong, but the GPS led me to a municipal building & parking lot. I parked, found a gravel then dirt trail on the other side of the building. Just after I started in I couldn’t find the path I was supposed to be on. It was all overgrown with branches everywhere. Fail.

Really really nice trails. Highly recommend

Relatively easy trail without distinct markers. However you can use the app to navigate through the path. There’s a small river about 1.5 miles from the start on your right. The river is not on the main road but you can still get there very easily. I haven’t seen a single hiker throughout the whole trail (probably due to social distancing and corona virus situation) but I assume there’ll be more people specially in the summer.

Lived here my whole life, never ventured here... wonderful natured-filled activity. Map was a bit tough to follow but relied on it. Trailhead in app is best place to start.

This is more of a biking trail than a hiking trail.

Nice park but trails are in need of some work. The above mentioned trail has no direction or even trail head markings. Used this app to navigate.

I've driven past this park hundreds of times on my way to work. I ran 5 miles this morning and I was impressed! There were a few downed trees and no markers. I used my phone to navigate. Once I figured out where I was and where I was going, I really liked the trail. I would say it is 100% run able. There were very few rocks or roots to deal with, pretty much all ups and downs. I agree with the reviewer that mentioned the Mtn Bikers keeping the trail nice and packed. I saw some deer and it feels like you're in the middle of nowhere. It was very quiet and relaxing.

Like most reviews before me I found this one tough to figure out where I was when not looking at the app. Great trails but there are all sorts of little random loops that really need marked. I gave it 4 stars but it was closer to a 3.5 and with the addition of some colored markers or signage that score would go up. Seems like a fun single track for bikes as well.

The bike riders keep the trail smooth, easy to run on. My 2 dogs and I log many miles there. 5 minute drive only.

Once I found the trail, it was nice. However no markers anywhere to be found! So this map was great. I never saw a river. There was a creek down a hill, but we only got near enough once. Trail needs markers. Very seculed. Enjoyed the quiet.

Nice hike but if you’re not paying attention like I was you could take a short cut off the path onto the main road cutting it a half mile short

This was my first trail I've done and its amazing! I love walking it regularly!

Loved the single track!

Tue Oct 02 2018

Beautiful, big woods feel

Sun Sep 23 2018

Travel could definitely need marked out a little bit better, other than that it’s fairly clear and very good for hiking or mountain biking or taking the dog, very quiet, very secluded, need to find me a partner to go hiking with

Sun Mar 05 2017

Trails not super fantastically well marked. But then we're walking with two puppy cattle dogs which make everything harder,

Sat Sep 17 2016

The parking field is a little confusing bc it says "authorized vehicles only." I parked there along with many others and nothing was said so I guess that's okay. The trail starts across the field. There are lots of trails and it's pretty easy to get lost. I ended up in a woman's front yard at one point and then turned around. I had to backtrack to get to the car until I saw "cars" spray painted in orange on a tree. The trails aren't marked very well.

Fri Jul 15 2016

To find the trail you have to go back the road that says authorized vehicles only....it's at the back of the field. The trails are nice single track with some roots exposed. Nice running or mountain bike. We got caught in a storm while we were there...so had to leave quickly. Looking forward to coming back. There are more trails on the other side of the road which come out 15 feet down on Muse on the other side of McClintock Road. they wrap up to the dog park.... update we have been back...in the sunshine. And these trails are nice. The penguin loop is a little harder with nice downhill. But what goes down must go up. Very nice trails. Not to rutted up either. They are making a MTB trail that goes the entire way around the park. Can't wait to try that trail.

Fri Oct 16 2015

White Oak park is an 810 acre park located in near Mckeesport, PA. It is an Allegheny county park with fields, picnic shelters, playgrounds, and a large dog park. It is also home to rare plants not usually seen in PA. It has ~8 miles of singletrack suitable for beginners/intermediate riders. All of the trails are bi-directional and are enjoyable in each direction. The trails are open year around and recover from heavy rains quickly. Trail maintenance is performed by local volunteers in association of Trail Pittsburgh.

Fri Oct 09 2015