White Mountain Ridge Trail

White Mountain Ridge Trail is a 14.2 mile out and back trail located near Milroy, Pennsylvania that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I climbed up the Long Path trail to reach White Mountain Ridge, I hiked, over the plentiful rocks and over growth, until I was seriously bored out of my mind. I only did about 3 miles on the White Mountain Ridge Trail until, no longer feeling it, I turned back. The Long Path Trail was way more interesting, in my opinion. I would like to eventually see the Chimney Rock formation someday....but, when that day comes, I will access White Mtn Ridge Trail from the Devils Elbow Trail, to the east, which was suggested to me by the super friendly and helpful DCNR guy who kinda laughed at me when I told him I was going to get there the way I went today. Now, I totally understand why he laughed...

Once you’re past chimney rock, views sorta dry up. Nice hike though.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I started this hike (walk) just off of weikert run road and came up the back up the ridge to go out on chimney rock.

it was pretty and followed weikert run for a little bit. the view from the top by chimney lunch is nice.

it's a short hike, 2 maybe 3 miles to chimney rock and back.

I'd pack a lunch next time and sit up on the rocks overlooking the creek next time to enjoy it a bit more.

Saturday, July 29, 2017