Whipple Dam Trail

Whipple Dam Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Petersburg, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

We definitely got a little mucky at the beginning of the trail and somehow our start and end spot wasn't the same place, however it's a beautiful trail and doable for someone who is not in the best shape.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Easy trail, but make sure to go when the weather has been dry for a few days. It tends to get flooded and muddy when it has rained a lot.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

This was an easy hike. The first 1/4 mile or so was wet and muddy. The sign at the trailhead says 3 miles which is fairly accurate.

Friday, April 21, 2017

I hike this trail quite often. I never really do the full loop. I usually start at the trail entrance on the swimming side then go to the bridge on Beidler road then turn around. That half of the trail is prettier. The trail goes along a crick and you'll go over a couple wooden bridges. I always bring my dog and he loves it especially when I let him go swimming. The trail does get really muddy in some places.

Monday, September 04, 2017