Westmoreland Heritage Trail - Delmont Trailhead is a 16.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Export, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Westmoreland Heritage Trail is a paved limestone trail

Nice beginners trail

Very nice ride to Saltsburg. Lots of shade, trail was in very good shape. The last mile or so along the Loyalhanna into Saltsburg was great. Only downside was a fair number of stops at road crossings.

love this Trail and eating pizza in delmont at the top of the hill

Nice trail overall. Takes so time, but all in all a nice trail. Nice to ride to Downtown Saltsburg. People at the Fox's Pizza were really great!!!

smooth walk to B.Y. Park. and to Duff Park.

Friday, November 03, 2017

great trail!

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Excellent and well maintained trail!!

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Took the entire family including 2 boys 10 and 8 and a little one in a trailer. Started at Delmont trailhead and went to Slickville and back for a total of about 10 miles. Traffic was light on the trail with walkers and bikers. Slight grades except for at road crossings with a few small ascents/descents. Not a ton to look at but it was a nice ride and good for the kids to get on to riding rails to trails.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

very nice

Monday, May 30, 2016

Great trail that runs from Saltsburg to Delmont. It's fairly scenic and has a few gradual climbs. Both ends and even Slickville in the middle have nice trail access and parking.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Very nice trail. Two major road crossings with flashing lights. A few short steep grades. Very enjoyable ride.

Nice trail a bit buggy. Had pizza at Iannis after

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

this is a really nice trail to jog on. clean and safe. not to hard on the feet. no real steep grades.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Nice trail. Little too steep at times. Needs more benches to sit on when catching your breath after a long upgrade.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

very flat, easy to ride, very nice overall

Saturday, March 12, 2016

I came walking with my dog. I had a great time enjoyed it. Fellow hikers were extremely friendly and nice. The trail is designed for bikers, runners, and those looking for a peaceful yet simple walk in the woods. I should have done my research because I wanted to see the lake and spend time there. I started at the wrong end apparently which was the 8 1/2 mile marker. Does anyone know where the lake is on the trail?

Sunday, August 02, 2015

It was great, but more difficult on the return trip. My wife and I rode from Delmont to Saltsburg and the scenery is nice and is a nice ride.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Very nice but could have more picnic areas!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

I ran this trail yesterday. I started just off of 819 and parked in a church parking lot. I now see that I should have used the Slickville VFD trail parking. Heading East I ran to Saltsburg and picked up the West Penn trail. This is a great rail-to-trail for running or biking. The trail is in great shape. No real hills to speak of in this section. Maybe a long 1% grade which really feels like a flat run. Saw lots of deer. Nice bridge crossing at Saltsburg. For this San Diegan desert dweller, it was scenic. For locals, I can see how a gently winding trail through the woods can be same-old... Made me melancholy growing up in PA.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Very nice trail. Some scenic areas along the Beaver reservoir and the Loyalhanna river.
Decent parking at either end, I parked on the Delmont side. About 10 parking spaces. The road crossings were good and bad, the bad was the steep decent then acent from the road. The good part was the cautions for the automobilers. In 2 areas, there are lights that flash when a bike approaches, very very nice feature indeed. The incline and decline was a little more substantial than most easy trails, but nothing to fret about.

I like the fact that this trail is expanding, it will end in Trafford someday, according to them. It also has a great link in Saltsburg to the West Penn Trail, which is another great trail I hear. Looking forward to that one soon.

My number 1 dislike about the trail.....bugs. I think I got my protein fix for the day swallowing bugs and my shins were covered.

All in all, good trail, would do again.

Monday, August 28, 2017