Watres Falls

Watres Falls is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Rockdale, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

Falls were dried up

I could not find any places to safely cross either. The trail was a mess. I’d like to hike this again with someone who knows how to get to the falls, also if anyone knows how to find out if this is open to the public legally I’d be interested in setting up a crew to clean up the trash.

I'm sure the falls are pretty but there are private property signs and trash EVERYWHERE. Would not recommend

For the most part the trail is well maintained but not marked well. One water crossing to get to the dam crest. Beautiful ....

Starts off easy. If the water is too high, you have to cross using several logs to get to the waterfalls. Not the best for dogs who aren't water friendly. Bigger dogs only for climbing the actual falls.

The waterfall is bone dry. Ok hike but more of a atv/off road terrain. The creek was nice with small falls.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Hiked this trail today and did not see the man-made bridge. The water was too high to cross without getting soaked so I didn't bother. I also couldn't tell where I should cross if I had wanted to. It is evident that the opposite bank gets foot traffic, so I assume I would have found the trail if I'd crossed but I can't be sure. From what I did walk, it was a pretty hike.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Park at the hairpin turn on Aston Mountain Road. The trail is very well used and muddy along most of its length, depending on recent rainfall. There will be 2 points where the trail cuts down to Spring Brook and crosses. Just after the second point, continue straight and you'll come to where the path crosses some slippery rocks. After crossing here, you'll pick up Panther Creek. Cross Panther Creek towards the reservoir and follow the trails to Watres Falls. Roughly 0.8 miles, one way with minimal elevation gain until you start climbing the falls to the reservoir. If the falls are flowing, you should hear them before you get to Panther Creek.

*Edit: I was informed after the hike that there is a man made bridge roughly 1/8th of a mile further up Panther Creek from where I crossed. I can't confirm this yet, but it may be a way to keep your feet dry.

Saturday, August 12, 2017