Tyler State Park Trail

Tyler State Park Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Newtown, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Tyler Park has 23.5 miles of interconnected trails some paved and some not. A boat rental is availble seasonally for canoeing on the Neshaminy Creek. There is also a Hostel on the park grounds for overnight stays. Be sure to stop at the park office as you enter the parks main enterance to pick up a park map showing all the trails and recreational opportunities. This park can be crowded on warm and sunny weekends, but otherwise the crowds are moderate to light

Lots of trails explore! Very dog friendly. you can swim in the creek in the summer (as can your dog).

Very large state park with lots of activities and room for adventure.

great park for everyone beautiful views and peace and quiet

Very cool- some hills- paved and gravel trails- very friendly people- peaceful and serene-awesome covered bridge-even passed several on horseback

Very easy trail, did about 10 miles with all the looping out and back to the main trails and paved trails.

Clean and organized, but a little too public for my taste. The "fjord" is pretty cool.

Great park for hiking with a dog!

Cleanly paved path for an easy walk or smooth bike ride. It's a nice trip to see the old covered bridge.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Easy walk, especially fun with a dog. This app made it easy to navigate all the trails.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Really enjoyed this one. There are a few small mileage trails that have a lot to offer, and that go deep into the woods. There's a log crossing over a stream, as well as a stone bridge as well.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

The park offers a wide variety of trails, most of which are paved or well maintained. I've been a few times and one thing I always appreciate is how few people there are in the park. It's a good spot for leisurely exploring, not necessarily a place to go if you are looking for a strenuous hike.

Friday, September 23, 2016

It is a beautiful park but too much of it is paved. I like to feel like my feet are in nature and when there are paved trails it takes away from the feeling. It is the difference between a walk and a hike. That said, this park is nice for accessibility for more people. And I am a big fan for more people being able to get out in nature

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

It's a really nice spot for the whole family. I personally went just to do a quick run, which I find to be a very nice yet challenging due to some steep elevation. Definitely a positive experience.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Well-maintained and paved paths. The water fountain is conveniently located at the top of the highest hill. Adidtionally, Tyler's disc golf course is one of the best in the nation.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Easy enough for families. A bit crowded but enjoyable.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Short trails. Good for families. Has lots of nice picnic areas

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Bring your bike, running shoes, hoverboard etc.! Beautiful paved trails and nice views of the river. If you're in to frisbee golf, I think there are 18 "holes" in a wooded course. I haven't tried that sport but everyone looks like they are having fun.
You can also rent boats.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Awesome community park. Great for walks or runs. Some light off-road hiking, but mostly known for its paved paths. Tons of loops from 2-5 miles. We live in the area so we are there 2-4 times a week.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Tyler State Park has a beautiful Disk Golf course, probably my favorite in the area. The front 18 is East and the back 18 is West. Two people playing the full 36 takes about 4 1/2 hours so it's a day trip. We packed sandwiches and took a break half way through at the picnic tables by the parking lot. If you only have time to do 18 I recommend the East course. It's a little flatter and I like the scenery better. All in all beautiful park. Definitely recommended whether you play disc golf or not.

Monday, October 12, 2015

My planned route was along the paved pathways. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I taken the wooded trails. Even so, the views of the creek were beautiful as were the fall colors.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Great trail along a beautiful river. Great to take kids or walk the dog.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Beautiful scenery in a suburban park setting. Easy walking on the trails (paved) but some good off piste routes too.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Nice wide paved paths. Hiking paths seemed a bit overgrown. Nice people with nice dogs and kids.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

One of my favorite PA state parks.

paddle sports
Monday, May 25, 2015

I took the nature trail at this park, it was adventurous and peaceful, I would come here again.

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Did a 5 mile hike this past weekend. First one for the year. Had great weather. Saw to bedded deer which was pretty cool. Heading back in a few days to explore some more of the park.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The best place in the area to hike. The trails are easy, but it is absolutely beautiful.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A great place to run and take walks!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Great place to go to relax. A lot of trails. Spent almost 2 hours here and felt like we barely put a dent in the trails. Very pet friendly and not too crowded. Felt like we were able to walk in a lot of areas even though there was some snow on the ground.