Twin Lakes Recreation Area

Twin Lakes Recreation Area is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wilcox, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

nice easy trail. it's not over grown. marked well enough to get from point "A" to point "B"

Short trail, but nice quick hike

Monday, April 13, 2015

A bridge was out across one of the creeks and was not passable without it.

Monday, October 03, 2011

Trail is poorly marked in areas, Not a lot of trail maintenance until you get into the Twin Lakes area where people car camping do day hikes. Some areas were overgrown, Once you get past the overgrown areas into the lake area it was nice.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Hated this trail. Where it was clear cut, briars and bramble made the trail nearly impassable, I didn't like the oil wells. all in all... not a real enjoyable hike. I love the Kane area, and I love the wilderness, but I just did not connect with this trail at all. I even got lost at one point, the trail was so poorly marked and so little traversed. ..But I had my trusty Garmin breadcrumber...

Friday, September 03, 2010

This trailhead is located in the Twin Lakes recreation area. My hike was in summer and the overgrowth made for a difficult hike. combined with the wet, dewy mornings, soaked within hours. I never end short of a hike, but this one i did. Best to go in the spring to avoid the overgrowth. Overall, The Allegheny Natl Forest is awesome to hike. mileage is round trip.