Turkey Path

Turkey Path is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Shippen Twp, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderate is correct. Good workout. Decent views.

Great hike. Love all the water falls along the way!!

been here many times! great trail, and beautiful scenery!

We got to the Canyon at 7:30 am only to find it fogged in. We came back at 9:00, all clear. We hiked the Turkey Path Trail to the bottom of the Canyon. It was a very hot day but easily managed. The waterfalls were nice. We have seen the "big" Grand Canyon, so it was a little disappointing. The hype about it is bigger than the actual canyon. I bet it is beautiful though in the fall. I am glad we went, but wouldn't recommend going to any of our friends. The hike was steep but easy with all the built in wooden steps. The waterfalls? Probably better in the spring. The trail is closed in with trees so it kept the sun off of us.

Start of trail was amazing and views were incredible. Waterfalls were a little weak maybe due to not a lot of rain. Trail was slippery and we saw several people fall, most who were wearing flip flops. Took our dogs and they were able to make the climb back up, us on the other hand had to stop a few times. Good thing there are benches everywhere to sit on the way back!

Awesome trail! My dad and I went on a rainy Wednesday morning. There was no traffic. They're definitely not joking when they say the path is narrow and steep, but it was well worth the trek. There were 2 or 3 trees down that hadn't been cleared yet, but they were easy to move around. Only suggestion would be to add some more markers about halfway through. There is a spot that forks and it's unclear which way is correct. Even though we chose the correct path, there were no markers to indicate that for a long stretch of the path. I would definitely recommend if you're in the area!!

This path is certainly well-used! The waterfalls are beautiful. We walked from the Pine Creek Rail Trail to the top and back down. It was busy on a Saturday and we frequently stepped aside to allow others passage on the trail.

definitely a great trail. lots to see!! don't be like me and think that you can carry a toddler up and down the trail. definitely a workout!! totally recommend the trail itself to others!!

lots of traffic

Nice views! Somehow got off trail and followed a creek downhill to the river. Always an adventure!

Well maintained trail that runs along some beautiful waterfalls.

Hiked this trail on the last day of summer. I was a nice hike down to the creek bed. On the way up the college kids had moved in and were "playing" under the water falls. Not so peaceful for me but I'm sure fun for them.

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Was relatively busy on weekend we were there, passing on certain parts of the trial requires one group to stop to allow the other to pass. Well defined path with stairs and bridges where needed. Numerous individuals depart the path for shortcuts and to get to the falls that are along the way. Lots of young children and dogs, most were well behaved.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Not as treacherous as everyone says. The wood decking can be slippery when wet, so just take your time and wear good shoes. Beautiful cascading water falls along the majority of the trail.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Awesome Trail with a 70-foot cascading waterfall half a mile down. The trail itself comes with a warning, need to have proper gear. Trail is about a foot and a half wide with very steep drop-off on one side and is a zigzag down the side of the mountain. Treacherous is the word that comes to mind but totally worth it for the view. Great hike.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Beautiful hike!

Monday, July 10, 2017

We loved this trail. Downhill in it's entirety on the way out and uphill the entire way back. Take it slow on the way back and you should be OK. Be careful as several parts of this trail are slippery when wet. The trail features a waterfall and is very beautiful. I would recommend this trail to anyone.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Very nice for a short hike .

Saturday, May 06, 2017

I've hiked this trail dozens of times. Great place for some exercise and to take in some nature. The path down is easy but the hike all the way back up the mountainside is a little bit of a challenge. Take your time and take it easy and you can make it up no problem. There are a bunch of benches along the way to rest if you need to.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

This was highly used trail, especially in the fall as the hike was beautiful to experience. The way back up the hill can give you a decent cardio work-out.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

This is a great trail to do during peak fall foliage for the views you get at the top. I was on the trail by 8:30am and passed a few other groups. The trail is wet in spots and the bottom half has lots of stairs. It's a relatively quick hike, I found it to be moderate. It ended up being about 3.5 miles down and back up for me. It was definitely getting busy as I was coming back up. Beautiful waterfalls and scenery on the way.

Monday, May 16, 2016

This is difficult trail that takes you past some waterfalls and has stairs for the steepest areas. The weather today was not the greatest with colder temperatures and sleeting but still turned into a good hike. Getting back up to the top is a workout but well worth it.

Monday, May 02, 2016

I really loved the trail for myself and my older 3 children (11, 9 & 8), it says kid friendly so I also brought along my 4 year old. It was a little much for him and I ended up carrying him most of the way. If you plan on bringing a little guy, make sure you have a carrier.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Vary easy if you stay on the path. The path zig zags down the slope so it is not steep at all. There are a few cute water falls on the trail and the view at the top is beautiful!

Monday, July 20, 2015

Beautiful trail. Did this on July 4th so it was a bit busy. Trail was empty on the way back up as the park was just about to close. It rained on our way back up but had thankfully had wet weather parkers. Just wish it were longer. It's a busy trail as its at the overlook of the canyon at Leonard Harrison State Park (http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/leonardharrison/index.htm). Short trail but you can continue on at the bottom along Pine Creek Trail at the bottom, or you can head back up. As others stated though its short, its steep! You will feel the hike back up.

Friday, May 29, 2015

This trail descends about 800 feet from the Leonard Harrison State Park (Pa.) Canyon overlook to the floor of the valley below. There are wooden steps for the steepest parts, a nice waterfall to look at and is a good trail for children over 4 years old. Going down and back up without a break is a good workout.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

I wouldn't classify this as an easy trail, the stairs on the way back up are tough..... A good family trail

Saturday, July 19, 2014

ok not sure how this got rated easy but it is actually rated difficult, one mile down and 1 mile back up, it is very steep but not huge amount of foot traffic, biking on trail along the river is awesome!

Saturday, June 07, 2014

The falls are nice and trail is quite steep. Not bad for someone who is looking for a short hike with some scenery but there is a lot of foot traffic. If you are looking for something off of the beaten path, this is not for you, very touristy.