Tumbling Waters Trail

Tumbling Waters Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bushkill, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 521 feet Route Type: Loop

PEEC (Pocono Environmental Education Center) is a 501(c)(3) environmental organization in partnership with the Delaware Water Gap NRA. The center sits on top of the Pocono Plateau. You will traverse through Oak/Hickory forests as well as Hemlock Ravines and pass old farm sites. Tumbling Waters trail is the highlight of the entire hike. You will traverse the edge of the Pocono Plateau were you will get great views of the Kittatinny mountains and the Delaware Valley. You also will descend down into a ravine and the two waterfall. This is a common site along the eastern end of the Pocono Plateau. All the water from on top of the plateau flows off the steep eastern slopes forming waterfalls and ravines. The steep slopes were cut by the Delaware River were all the water eventually flows.

Great easy trail with views, waterfall, couple ponds. Prefect trail for a family hike. Kids loved it. PEEC does a really nice job keeping trails maintained and putting together educational packets to use during the hike.

This really pushed me past my comfort zone. This is a moderate trail with an awesome view of the falls.

love this trail. super scenic and definitely fun. nice ascent and descent, just watch out for slipping over gravel as you step to come down.

This was my first trail hiked...well marked. The middle third is definitely the harder part so I’d confirm this as an overall “moderate” skill level. The falls have their own separate trail to take which i did not do. Glad I brought my hiking cane too. Recommend.

A nice moderate trail that is well marked. Grab a map from the registration office (they have the maps right in front outside of the building). There is a beautiful view of the mountains about halfway through where the bench is. Took us about 3 hours with breaks. I'd recommend it for beginners or any nature lovers.

We started around 2 ponds, which was easier and absolutely beautiful and serene. Then it went downhill and I mean that literally! You have to go "off trail" down the stairs to see the waterfall. Then back up the stairs. There was so much to see on this trail.

great day bring the kids and grandkids long uphill climb but well worth the view

Not much to see here

Very nice hike but some how I managed to miss the waterfall

Awesome trail & scenery, well trafficked and maintained but not crowded at all on a beautiful Saturday. The area around PEEC also has other activities and trailheads nearby. Just be sure to take the stairs down around marker 9 (I think) or else you will miss the falls.

Nice enough walk. Nothing life-changing, but I bet the fall colors are nice. Trail is well-marked and pretty easy to follow.

Great trail! Mostly easy hiking depending on what kind of hiker you are, with some short spots of "difficult incline".

Very well maintained trail.

Easy well-maintained trail. Not as wild as I would like it to be, but still a good shaded trail.

Nice easy shaded walk. Dog friendly!

This is an easy trail with a really nice view point, waterfall and a pond. There’s ample shade. Nice bird sounds and butterflies

Fantastic trial. My 7&9 yo and our dog had so much fun searching for map numbers to discover something new about certain places, wildlife...

We hiked this trail during a heat wave but there was plenty of shade and the waterfall was. cool and refreshing. The trail was well marked. There were park service employees at the trailhead to offer assistance and suggestions. Be prepared for much of the trail to be a decent incline or decline, but all in all a good trail with plenty of scenery.

It’s a dog-friendly trail with a get your heart pumping incline. You have to detour off the loop to see the waterfall. I drove an hour and a half and it wasn’t 100% worth that distance. We did round out the trip with a stop over at Smithfield Beach which was about 20 minutes away. With both activities together, it was a nice day trip for the family.

Moderately difficult hike with some ups and downs. The trail was very well marked but was tight in some areas with high grass and poison ivy. Scenery was average and the waterfall was unimpressive. Did not see many hikers out on the trail but there was a group of probably 70 day campers swimming in the pool at the base of the waterfalls which took away from that experience. Did manage to find some wild blackberries. Overall the hIke was not worth the 1+ hour car ride. Likely one and done.

GPS didn't work well so my track is way off, but the trail was clearly marked and easy to follow. It had great scenery and just the right amount of challenge for the family. The side trip to the waterfall is a little tough but definitely worth it. the environmental center has pamphlets that provide facts about waypoints along the trail which helped keep the hike interesting. Overall a great hike. We would definitely do it again.

The trail was very well marked. Majority of it was shaded by trees and it was a beautiful walk . There were some steep parts like the ravine to see the waterfall but otherwise not too difficult. Compared to some other trails, there were not that many people on the one which was nice because we were able to hear a lot of birds. The view although was great, it would tough to see because of the growth and the bench at the top was direct under the sun when we went to we had to find a different spot for lunch.

beautiful views steps down to the falls were a little steep for this old man but otherwise it was a great day

I would recommend this trail for the fantastic views plenty of dogs on the trail waterfall is well marked but after the steps back up I had to take a break took a little over 3 hours at 71 years old I think that's pretty good

We hiked this trail from Briscoe Mountain Road (small pull off area). This cut about 1 mile off of the hike, so it was a 2 mile hike. There is a nice overlook and the waterfall is quite nice.

Great trail and marked very well. No snakes but I did scare a small black bear. Be mindful of your surroundings

We come to PEEC park all the time and this is one of our favorite trails. The staff has done (and is doing) an amazing job cleaning all the trails from fallen trees, one area really shows the almost war-like devastation a Marsh 2018 nor’easter caused.