Tucquan Glen Loop Trail

Tucquan Glen Loop Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Erbs Mill, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

You'll begin by crossing a small stream on a bridge - to the left of the Tucquan Glen sign. It's an easy hike with part of it along an old logging road. Follow the blue blazes. You'll pass the remains of an old homestead. The gorge will narrow as you get closer to the halfway point and you'll have some beautiful waterfalls over huge rocks. At the halfway point you'll reach the railroad tracks. Turn right along the tracks and cross the bridge over Tuquan Creek. After another 100 feet or so the trail will head sharply uphill on the right.

Been going here for over a year now! It’s a blast and usually isn’t too crowded! I usually follow the yellow trail to the white trail. This trail follows beside the water and then takes you up for a decent view of the water in fall when the leaves are fewer and more colorful. The white trail will take you back to the beginning of yellow trail and parking.

Beautiful little trek down to the river and back.Theres a few different trails to take, so you can do something different each way..It trails what to me is a trout stream ..tiny waterfalls..I love taking my children. It's a mini adventure for them..There are some part of trails that are steap and at times slippery.. Overall, be going for years. And I definitely recommend checking it out!

Beautiful. However lots of fallen trees and very steep in some areas. I always fall when I come here. There are also some narrow paths near the edge of the cliff so please be careful. Downfall is there’s very little parking.

Been going here since I was a kid. Love the beautiful view.

One of my favorites

Tough one for small children. We had a nine year old and 11 year old along and that was about the you gest I would recommend. Lots of narrow and rocky paths. Be prepared to cross the stream on fallen trees or get your feet wet. We did both.

Great hike! Steep and rocky and beautiful plus a few trees down that you climb over. Took the yellow trail to the tracks and the blue trail back. Somewhere on the way back you should cross the creek back to the yellow blazes to get to the parking lot.

Beautiful and challenging. Look for the Orange Trail near the convergence at the Conestoga that leads to The Pinnacle!

our family's Lancaster County favorite

The hike to the tracks is one of my favorite places anywhere around. Also a good fishing spot

Beautiful views with the leaves off the trees

BEAuuuuutiful.

Awesome hike. Some roots cause ankle strain. Hiked down yellow and up blue trail. Highly recommended.

I heard of Tucquan Glen for a long time. This trail does not disappoint! It is a beautiful location. But parking is limited. I need to make sure I visit this trail during all four seasons.

Great trail. I recommend taking the yellow blaze trail in from the small parking lot across from the wood crafter's house. Parking is extremely limited so park wisely to help other hikers. Follow the yellow blazes straight through and down the steep grade to the railroad. Cross the railroad bridge and resume on the return following the blue blazes. At one point closer to the return to the parking lot consider crossing the creek and double back to the parking lot. Great views, nice little waterfalls and cool large rock formations makes this a nice quick hike. Spend maybe two hours total. It is steep and rocky in some areas so I would wear stable shoes that protect ankle from rolling. Not recommended for tennis shoes.

Loved it beautiful place..

Some trails are about the destination, this one is about the journey. Go here if you are looking for tranquility and beauty. While it was the easiest and quicket hike I have done so far, it was also one of the most magical (and fun!) I went when there was autumn foliage and watching the leaves float in the sky was pretty surreal.

Would I go back again? No, solely because it is a nature preservation site, so I do not want to further contribute to the foot traffic. But I am glad I went once and I am very happy I have pictures to remember this trip.

Gorgeous trail. Not suitable for small kids or elderly folks who may have trouble with walking on loose rock or climbing up large clumps of rock.

Top of the creek is easy. it gets more difficult yet much more scenic towards the bottom.

I did this hike with a section of the Conestoga Trail to the Pinnacle. It is a pleasant and very scenic trail with a couple of short steep climbs on the Conestoga Trail.

Went with 10 children between 6 and 10 years old. It was an awesome adventure. Next time we would have had the children walk down the whole creek one way and walk out the other. Just a great place. Parking was very hard to come by and seems that the neighbors really are annoyed by the hikers not always being considerate. I hope to come back to the place many more times.

Best place I have ever hiked in PA

Nice little adventure hike! Gently rolling waters, rocky scrambles, fallen trees across the creek to practice your balance, and a few deep places to take a dip. Use the [blue] trail (start on yellow for a bit first) all the way to the railroad... From the RR take a right and walk about 500ft down the tracks across the bridge, and then take [yellow] back... gets you the best of both worlds.

This hike is beautiful and follows the creek the entire way to the Susquehanna river. There are multiple trails that follow this route. You can avoid steep areas by crossing over the creek to the trail on the opposite side. The waterfalls are beautiful throughout the glen, surrounded by rhododendron. At the bottom of the trail you will reach the railroad tracks. If you cross over the tracks and down the embankment, you'll come to the river. When I was there it was shallow and smooth bottomed and I was able to swim out quite a ways before it ever got deep. There was minimal current. It was more like a lake. A great place for a swim. Obviously, my experience may not be consistent depending on river levels. Use caution as the river is unpredictable and can be dangerous.

We started on the yellow trail and returned on the blue. While parts were flat dirt and quite easy, roughly half involved scrambling up and over rocks. Our 4 year old loved it and we all found it beautiful. But a simple easy walk, it was not.

Enjoyable fairly easy path. The trail takes you along a creek that takes you to the Susquehanna River.

Lots of opinions and great views and trails

Great hike. Water, rocks, waterfall on blue trail. This is a new favorite.

AMAZING!! Breath taking scenery. Great trails, easy to walk and maneuver! Many options to choose from to hike and safe for children and dogs. I highly recommend it!

Good trail for hiking bad for running it has some very steep areas that you need to climb down. Also it can be very busy on a hot day and it's very difficult to find parking. I would recommend this spot in the off season. And I would not call it a loop it's an out and back. There's trails on either side of the stream but you cross back and forth.