Townsend Park Loop is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Murrysville, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 236 feet Route Type: Loop

Heads up, I saw 5 dogs off leash 4 of which came up to my reactive, leashed dog and she almost bit two of them because they wouldn't leave her alone even when their owners called them. They were sitting in the gazebo talking and as we were walking to my car I heard several of them ask where their dog is so you know they weren't watching them. I don't know who to contact about this, but I hope something is done so people can safely walk their dogs.

Nice park with a variety of trails. However, the trails are not well marked.

Not sure what happened but I had an extremely difficult time staying on this specific trail. Details are kindof marked but they split off often into different trails. Was slightly muddy in some spots but it snowed two night’s ago so understandable. I will definately try again this park location in general but as for trying to stay on this trail specifically, probably not going to happen. There are benches along the way and tree info posts for the different trees.

Sat Jul 15 2017