Learn more

Tom's Creek Trail is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Bushkill, Pennsylvania that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 114 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Nice easy trail. Well shaded.

recorded Tom's Creek Trail

Beautiful trail, very easy hike.

Nice, easy, shaded trail with some water access for kids 8+. 2 miles round trip- pretty scenery- safe trail- some parts are potentially a fall risk- due to elevation and no trail guards but the trail is wide enough to keep a safe distance. Lovely little trail!

Relaxing hike

Easy trail, kid friendly.

New version (for us) of this hike. Love this place but the trails could use some attention.

Nice, peaceful trail along the creek. Easy hike.

Great place to bring kids. Smooth gravel walk path with plenty of access to a shallow creek the kids would love. Picnic tables, free parking, and real bathrooms!

Good Trail

Tue Jun 25 2019

Would recommend this trail for all levels but those that are not experienced hikers stop at the bench at the end of the main trail and return. If you choose to follow the path to the top of the hill you will find no trails and you will have to make your own, bring plenty of bug spray and good luck

Wed May 29 2019

It was a nice hike along the water!

Thu Apr 11 2019

Nice, easy trail along ghe creek, had my dog with me, ran out of day light to continue on to the very steep part at the end part of the trail, will have to come back and explore further, watch and check for ticks.

Mon Nov 12 2018

Wonderful short trail if you follow the map. We decided to be adventurous and followed broken black lane ( trail) rationalizing that we can make a loop and end up by the parking.. Well, DO NOT do THAT... BAD idea. The broken black lane is basically two sets of 85 degrees steep slopes,followed by the deserted forest area with no trail to follow ( there is not a trail). So we basically we bushwacking 5 mph for the most part. We would turn back but again, hills were so steep ans slippery so there were no turning backl. Long story short, when we seemingly got a little closer to Big Egypt Rd I noticed weird decoration on the bush, I have a curious mind ... I smelled it.... It smelled like a horse or stable, later I noticed small liquid bottle underneath the bush. Once my bf got closer he advised that it might be deer piss . I realised we r at the hunters trap area . At that point I really freaked out.... In my mind I was desperately searching for a remedy to identify ourselves as humans so hunters wouldn't shoot taking us for a deer .....I decided to sing.I went from National anthem to Feliz Navidad to Katy Perry . Somewhere near the pond I noticed a guy with a crossbow who looked at us and wondered away. Next , after we crossed creek and stepped on Big Egypt Rd we were greeted by an old gentlemen with a shot gun who inquired if we had a taizer to fight a bear. What a nice question to ask to a young unarmed couple, especially when you are holding a weapon . Walking away from that guy was the scariest thing since I felt like he might shoot my boyfriend at any time in his back and kidnap me. As we kept following an abandoned Bid Egypt Rd, we passed one of the most beautiful waterfall I`ve ever seen, several hundred feet later was the parking. Getting through the bushes, I was thinking about innocent deer, bears and other creatures ; how terrible and unfair it is to be hunted down by the bored fat humans, how terrible would that be to fall in one of that cold bushes , be picked up and butchered for the sake of entertainment of that “evil called humans” . I`m giving this trail 4 stars since it was our personal choice to go off the trail, forgetting that it`s hunting season. I would give 5 starts but the original trail is very short and has nothing to see

recorded Tom's Creek Trail