Tobyhanna State Park Loop Trail

Tobyhanna State Park Loop Trail is a 5.1 mile loop trail located near Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice hiking, fun for a short x-country ski outing. There are a few trails at the park. The trail around the lake is a nice one for a short day of skiing.

Great trail for an easy trail run. Pretty, quiet, well-maintained. No major hills but just enough to challenge if you go fast.

My family and I did the lake trail loop. It was nice enough. For the most part it is a flat gravel path around the lake that diverges from the lake side and goes in to the woods for about 2 miles. We had good weather, and the trail was easy enough that my 3 year old daughter could handle it.

Unfortunately if you're hoping for some nice sights to see, this isn't the best place for it. Along the lake the scenery is very pleasant, but once you're away from the lake, it is a fairly bland trail without much interesting geography.

Good trail. Basically a six foot wide gravel path around the lake. Mostly shady so it stays cool.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Perfect spot with little ones. Great trails for running as well!

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Monday, July 04, 2016

Easy hike. Go early as a park and ride it fills up quickly - Did the hike with my dad whose 71 and it was perfect. Mostly in the shade

Monday, June 27, 2016

Nice easy trail. Child and dog friendly. Shady and well-maintained.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

I wanted something 5 miles or so with not much in the way of elevation changes so this was perfect. I took my fishing rod along and stopped at few spots to fish. Hooked big bass but the line broke! I release everything anyway!

Saturday, October 31, 2015

enjoyable hike

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Due to limited time, my husband and started the hike to the right of the beach area -- hiked out for about 30 minutes at a leisurely pace; returned when we reached a road, back to the parking lot. Park was very quiet on a Tuesday in early sept. Trail well-maintained, family friendly, and picturesque.

Friday, September 04, 2015

My bf and I did (most of) the loop. It's a great place to jog, mostly shaded, nice scenery, not much elevation change. We didn't realize the trail went so far from the lake and turned around when we were about 1-2 miles away from the end, which caused us to do 7 miles instead of 5. Oops!

Monday, March 05, 2012

Followed blue trail around the lake. Easy hike on path with no inclines. An easy hike with beautiful surroundings.

Friday, January 20, 2012

We loved it, the trail is a nice pace Hike around a beautiful lake, it took us 1.5 hours to do the blue trail of 5 miles and is extremely well marked at all points. This is not too demanding and we would recommend this for all level of hikers We will be doing this again!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The basic loop (blue) around the lake is flat and well marked with gravel and features benches to take in the beautiful views of the lake. The trail is also good for running. We also did part of the red trail--the Steamtown R.R. was 4 miles out and back. It was very rocky and covered with leaves this time of year, but I definitely recommend it for those who want a more vigorous hike. I'll be returning to the park frequently.

Sunday, April 23, 2017