Tiadaghton Trail

Tiadaghton Trail is a 11.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I did the trail June 2018 as a trail run. The climb upto the top was tough. It was an overcast rainy day so the view was so-so, but on a normal day I imagine it would be awesome. The decent into Waterville was not fun. Again it was steep, with tons of unstable moss covered rocks. The last mile or so was overgrown with nettle, it made my legs feel like they were catching on fire. I made several stops in the adjacent stream to was my lower legs. If I had to do it again i would turn prior to the last descent into Waterville.

Kind of took this one on a whim. Awesome views from the top. Trail is very steep in places so watch your step.

Did this trail with my boyfriend and our dogs. The parking lot is easy to find via coordinates. The trail starts off paved and crosses the bridge. Shortly after crossing, keep your eyes open for an unpaved and unmarked trail head to your right. Follow it straight, this trail eventually has blue markers that make it easier to follow. Other trails link with this one, so some blue markers also have yellow. Simply follow the blue, it gets a little step but offers a nice view once you get to the top. We ended up turning back once we got to the overlook to make it a shorter hike.

Monday, June 27, 2016

This took a while for us to find because we followed the directions from the app with our GPS and it took us to the middle of an open field near the campgrounds. so we backtracked and parked just off the road where the bike path began and walked until we found the trail. Because of time and nightfall, we'll have to tackle it another day, but it seemed the most rugged and unctouched of hiking paths we ever started out on. Can't wait to come back to it! The walk on the bike path was lovely, though.

Friday, May 02, 2014

This trail has some of the best Vistas around. The ridge looks out over a horse-shoe curve in Pine Creek. We've spotted Bald Eagles while hiking this trail.

Sunday, April 23, 2017