Tiadaghton Trail

hard 17 reviews

Tiadaghton Trail is a 11.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.8 miles Elevation Gain: 2,929 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Over the last year this has become one of my favorite trails. Great work out and lots of wildlife to run across. I've made it a point to go up multiple times over the past year to watch the changes in scenery. Went on Friday for a winter trip and it was beautiful. There was snow on the waterville side of the trail starting about a third of the way up the mountain and on top but I didn't find it slippery or hard to manage other than it was murder on the legs. Snow started to recede on the far side before the lookouts on the bonnel flats side. Ate lunch at the lookout and headed back to the car. Didn't see a soul all day and only one other set of tracks in the snow. I found going down in the snow a lot easier than I expected. The snow was hard and when I dug my heels in it was like walking down steps. Ran across a baby porcupine along the way back and got some great pics. I've yet to walk this trail and not see some wildlife. All in all this is probably one of my favorite trails locally. If you're looking for a workout with some great wildlife, plant life and scenery this is a good one.

Sun Nov 04 2018

I hiked from Ramsey to Waterville on the Tia and then took the Rail Trail back to Ramsey and my car for a total of 9.5 miles. The decent into Waterville was kind of tricky with all of the fresh fallen leaves and stream crossings. Beautiful day. Beautiful hike. I will surely do this one again!

Sun Oct 28 2018

Hiked from Waterville to Happy Acres. Trail was well maintained and in great condition. At mile 3, starting from Waterville and heading to Happy Acres, there is about a mile descent on a pretty nasty, rocky section. Trail was damp, full of leaves and slippery. At mile 5 you have a pretty steady incline for about 3/4 of a mile (Spike Buck Trail).

Mon Jun 25 2018

I did the trail June 2018 as a trail run. The climb upto the top was tough. It was an overcast rainy day so the view was so-so, but on a normal day I imagine it would be awesome. The decent into Waterville was not fun. Again it was steep, with tons of unstable moss covered rocks. The last mile or so was overgrown with nettle, it made my legs feel like they were catching on fire. I made several stops in the adjacent stream to was my lower legs. If I had to do it again i would turn prior to the last descent into Waterville.

Mon Aug 28 2017

Kind of took this one on a whim. Awesome views from the top. Trail is very steep in places so watch your step.

Sun Aug 20 2017

Did this trail with my boyfriend and our dogs. The parking lot is easy to find via coordinates. The trail starts off paved and crosses the bridge. Shortly after crossing, keep your eyes open for an unpaved and unmarked trail head to your right. Follow it straight, this trail eventually has blue markers that make it easier to follow. Other trails link with this one, so some blue markers also have yellow. Simply follow the blue, it gets a little step but offers a nice view once you get to the top. We ended up turning back once we got to the overlook to make it a shorter hike.

Mon Jun 27 2016

This took a while for us to find because we followed the directions from the app with our GPS and it took us to the middle of an open field near the campgrounds. so we backtracked and parked just off the road where the bike path began and walked until we found the trail. Because of time and nightfall, we'll have to tackle it another day, but it seemed the most rugged and unctouched of hiking paths we ever started out on. Can't wait to come back to it! The walk on the bike path was lovely, though.

Fri May 02 2014

This trail has some of the best Vistas around. The ridge looks out over a horse-shoe curve in Pine Creek. We've spotted Bald Eagles while hiking this trail.

Sun Apr 23 2017