The Spirit Of Tuscarora Trail

The Spirit Of Tuscarora Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Barnesville, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

old growth

This trail offers a variety of surface types. You will walk along part of Locust Creek, and eventually lead into the Tuscarora State Park lake. Please practice Leave No Trace hiking and pack out whatever trash you bring in. The out and back trail is a white blaze, and turns into a yellow blaze to continue onto Tuscarora Lake. The Red blaze leads off of the white blaze to a side trail that takes you to an alternate trail head entrance at the bottom of Tuscarora Mtn Dr (Catawissa Rd).

This shows the trail looping around the lake and being about 4 miles. It was 4-5miles into the creek that feeds the lake, no way to cross the creek, and you would have to climb up an almost 90 degree angle to get back to the trail. Had to turn around and go back the way we came.

Monday, June 20, 2016

We had a lot of fun. The birds were chirping, the woodpecker made its presence known, and I even saw the chipmunk stick its head out of its den. My family and I would recommend this trail to others. After we hiked, we went swimming.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

My kids love it, specially all the bridges they had to cross they were able to see some fishy

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Absolutely love this trail. I have been hiking this since I've been a little girl and introducing my out of town friends here for years. It's a wonderful hike, though I would recommend Deep Woods bug repellant (the "horse" black flies are an issue in the Spring/Summer months). Winter is a great time to hike, pest free. Late Winter into Early Spring there is alot of excess water from the snow melt, which accounts for the muddy/wet conditions.