The Pinnacle Via Valley Rim Trail

The Pinnacle Via Valley Rim Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great hike with a variety of easy, moderate and hard parts. Was rather crowded at the top, but friendly people. Luckily all the dogs we encountered were on leashes, as my guy is still learning his manners with other dogs!

Monday, September 11, 2017

Labor Day Hike on the AT
Started out on Reservoir rd early (still space in main lot) and heading clockwise around reservoir and up to Pinnacle trail. Quiet early morning with little traffic.
Met two thru hikers on AT from Poland and hiked, talked with them up to Pinnacle rock.
Shared my lunch with them and observed two copperheads in the rocks.
Got a little twisted around trying to find the Valley Rim trail back down (behind large rock pile) and then fast hike down to Pulpit Rock and back to trail head.
Nice hike if you go early, was getting very busy after lunch.
Great day hike

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Really ended up doing the clockwise loop up the creek trail, to pinnacle trail to pulpit and out. 8.6 miles in retrospect I wish had done this counterclockwise as the energy needed at least for me, was severely lacking after coming down the rocky pulpit trail. Observatory was open and got to look at the sun with sun spots and solar flares, which was a nice bonus. Leading up to that the stretch from the pinnacle to pulpit shows why we are known as Rocksylvania. A great work out and trail but I wish I had done in reverse. Was there on a Sunday from 11:30 til about 4. Fair amount of people but it was ok just getting breathers to wait a bit to look out at the vistas. Low humidity day so vision was excellent. Could see a fuzzy block looking object in the direction of Allentown I'm assuming was PPL building, could clearly see I-78 going along side south mountain. In the distance beyond that I could swear I even saw the Delaware water gap. Was very mucky on the pinnacle trail portion today.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Always a good hike anytime.

Sunday, July 23, 2017