Switchback Trail

Switchback Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lehighton, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Beautiful!

Flat easy trail. Nice scenery with a creek running along side until you hit the lake. Very nice views.

The first time we hiked it we saw a bear so we turned back. Today we went again and it was an awesome hike. We only did it descending though. Probably much more of a workout ascending. Really pretty though. Not very well marked but the trail is fairly obvious.

So peaceful and perfect for everyone another go to trail and so many access points

Monday, June 20, 2016

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Monday, June 06, 2016

Easy! Great trail walk!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Monday, September 21, 2015

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Beautiful hike. I started at W. Broadway & Flagstaff Road. Hiked up to the lake then thru the park, picnic area, campground and (with great difficulty) found the Shoreline Trail. On the latter trail there are no blazes and it is so untraveled that the path is totally overgrown in many places. I got "lost" over and over again but the lake is always nearby so it's not hard to get one's bearings. I made it to the Environmental Center and continued beyond on trails named "Eagle" and "Wolf" but these, tho' better marked than Shoreline ultimately led nowhere. I was determined to circle the end of the lake and return via the east side but there is vast swampland that is impassable. So, I returned the way I came in. Scenery is gorgeous. Forests are lush. And I had the entire Shoreline Trail and beyond all to myself! Even took a delicious dip in the lake.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

It was a moderate level trail but nice feel walking next to the running stream.

Friday, May 29, 2015

i rode mt.pischa yesterday...great ride down and back...had to dismount around 4 times because of trees over the trail..other than that was very fun...

Monday, May 25, 2015