Switchback Trail

Switchback Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lehighton, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not really clearly marked. It had us going through peoples' front yards. We thought it looped, but it ended at a private residence.

Very peaceful.

such a beautiful walk. and ends with the lake. highly recommend!

Beautiful!

Flat easy trail. Nice scenery with a creek running along side until you hit the lake. Very nice views.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

The first time we hiked it we saw a bear so we turned back. Today we went again and it was an awesome hike. We only did it descending though. Probably much more of a workout ascending. Really pretty though. Not very well marked but the trail is fairly obvious.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

So peaceful and perfect for everyone another go to trail and so many access points

Monday, June 06, 2016

Easy! Great trail walk!

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Beautiful hike. I started at W. Broadway & Flagstaff Road. Hiked up to the lake then thru the park, picnic area, campground and (with great difficulty) found the Shoreline Trail. On the latter trail there are no blazes and it is so untraveled that the path is totally overgrown in many places. I got "lost" over and over again but the lake is always nearby so it's not hard to get one's bearings. I made it to the Environmental Center and continued beyond on trails named "Eagle" and "Wolf" but these, tho' better marked than Shoreline ultimately led nowhere. I was determined to circle the end of the lake and return via the east side but there is vast swampland that is impassable. So, I returned the way I came in. Scenery is gorgeous. Forests are lush. And I had the entire Shoreline Trail and beyond all to myself! Even took a delicious dip in the lake.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

It was a moderate level trail but nice feel walking next to the running stream.

Friday, May 29, 2015

i rode mt.pischa yesterday...great ride down and back...had to dismount around 4 times because of trees over the trail..other than that was very fun...

Monday, May 25, 2015

Great trip

Monday, May 25, 2015

Great trip!

Friday, May 23, 2014

Hiked this trail and it was nice, but I didn't think it was 17.2 miles... I have to stop at the Ranger station and see what I missed. It must not be marked very well.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Nice trail outside of Jim Thorpe. Shuttle took us to the top and we rode about 11 miles down back into the town. Went off road a bit for some pictures and stopped by the lake, which had a beautiful view.

Pretty fun ride down, no major jumps or hills, not very technical but fun. exploring the other trails was fun and the town itself is nice to hang out in at the end.

The shuttle driver and bike rental people where very friendly and informative. We had a great time there

Sunday, August 11, 2013

This trail is awesome for mountain biking and hiking. We were lucky to find a local who showed us where to go. Place is pretty good and you can get lost but it's right by mancuk lake in case you gps it and can't find it. We had a hard time because gps took me at wrong spot, so just gps the lake.

Sunday, August 04, 2013

I went uphill most of the way in one big circle. Lucky enough to find a local who biked with us and showed us stops for scenic views. The way I took was mostly moderate able to stop and hike to see different views. I would definitely declare this as my first moderate trail.

Sunday, August 04, 2013

A very nice and calm walk, scenery is beautiful.. Except for the occasional houses which is kind of a downside.. But there is a creek running down along side the trail for a good portion and is very beautiful and relaxing. Overall great and you can go to Mauch Chunk to cool off!

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Last weekend we did the Switchback trail... little muddy, watch for large tree roots & rocks (actually added to the experience), enjoyed the trout-stocked Mauch Lake detour. J T Campgrounds is right off the path across the river, so camp out for the weekend and rest- took us roughly 2 1/2 hours (including intermittent breaks for fishing!)