Springlawn Trail is a 4.1 mile out and back trail located near Lincoln University, Pennsylvania that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 160 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Very nice little beach areas!

Really nice!! A little over 2 Miles there then back they have nice little cut offs to walk along the river. Just remember to please keep your dog ON LEASH!

Very flat, easy walking trail with separate smaller trails that fork off leading to various sections of Big Elk Creek. It’s more of a 5 mile hike if you take any of the side paths. Great for dogs who love to swim! My lab thoroughly enjoyed herself.

closed

The trail closed Monday-Saturday for hunting season. The posted sign says it will reopen January 25, 2020.

Nice easy out & back walk. It was pretty buggy this weekend but very pretty. There is an old abandoned stone house, which my kids were stoked to check out.

Flat. Pretty and a few ruins

private property

Nice out and back. It's more like 5 miles rather than 4.1.

Thu Apr 25 2019

Very nice out and back trail along the big Elk creek. Was able to use the BOB stroller for my 2 year old.

Tue Oct 30 2018

Easy trail. Pretty view.

Mon Sep 03 2018

Nice shaded trail. Benches along the path to sit and relax while you watch the creek. Only complaint is people that don’t have their dogs on leashes also not cleaning up after their dogs. Watch where you step on the trail.

Mon Jul 30 2018

I had a great walk with my Standard Poodle. We enjoyed the butterflies, the coolness of the canopy and stream, great pictures, the short conversations with other hikers, and time for us both to get wet in the water. Moderately busy trail until about 3pm on Sunday.(in the summer). Yes, people let their dogs off leash. Most dogs and owners respectful.I had to get sticks to protect my dog at one point. Nothing serious, though, unless you have a reactive dog. I also ran into horses. I will be back with friends!!!

Sat Jul 28 2018

Nice trail, mostly shaded! Will be back to explore a few of the other trails. I wish people would clean up after their dogs!

Sun Jan 21 2018

Easy 4 mile hike up and back, no hills to speak of, not all that well maintained for a gravel trail, lots of unleashed dogs (watch out for doggy doo), didn't see any mountain bikes but it was a bit muddy. There's an offshoot trail that I did not explore but will someday when it's not quite so muddy. Trail is closed Mon-Sat during deer hunting season in December and January. Very small parking lots at either end.

Mon Aug 28 2017

Great mountain biking trail, fairly flat. The inclines were not steep by any means. First time trail riding with my 6 year old and 10 year old. We had a great time. Great scenery and quite a few access points to the stream.

Wed Aug 09 2017

The trail is great, but there's a large population of dogs off lead. Can take away from the scenery when you're worried about what dog is coming up around the bend.

Tue Jul 18 2017

My kids and I love it here! Beautiful trail

Mon Jul 10 2017

Easy out and back trail. Nice for dogs, although watch the ones off their leashes.

Mon Dec 19 2016

Nice, light traffic, easy-easy walk. Flat, doublewide trail along creek.

Tue Aug 02 2016

Shady, walking by the stream, peaceful

Wed Oct 07 2015

Nice trail with active wildlife. I almost stepped on multiple snakes, saw numerous birds, and encountered plentiful half dollar sized tadpoles in the creek. My track was a little over 4 miles. It was very easy and relaxing.