South Park - White / White and Red

South Park - White / White and Red is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near South Park Twp, Pennsylvania and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from March until November.

This out and back is my favorite paved running trail, moderately hilly. This segment of trail starts by the dog park and goes around a pond and up through the woods. Many times it is maintained by the County Park even when it is icy or showy.

Monday, June 13, 2016

The 6 mile "Bison Ridge Trail" portion of this route is the single worst marked and overgrown trail I've ever been on. The route indicated on AllTrails doesn't match the park map and includes the 2 mile "Fairgrounds Trail" -- see Helpful Link section for a pdf of the park.

Needless to say after three unsuccessful attempts to regain the trail after passing up an above the (live) Bison viewing area I gave up and headed back the same way I came and called it a day. In my opinion this trail is not worth attempting until more clearly marked along and especially in between blazed sections.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Great trails! From where you park, you have to walk up a street to get to the trails. I was confused at first because I didn't see any signs

Tuesday, August 04, 2015