South Mountain - Orange Trail

South Mountain - Orange Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Emmaus, Pennsylvania that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

South Mountain Trail is a 8.7 mile loop trail located near Emmaus, Pennsylvania that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, trail running & walking and is accessible from September until June. Good mix of terrain

25 minutes ago

not much of a view of anything but still a nice peaceful trail

Went jogging with snow covered on the ground, it was a bit muddy and damp at the lower portions. It was fun with the quick inclines and declines on the Orange trail. Very refreshing and easy to follow markings.

Quality trails friendly people. Nice views in winter. If you only hike the orange trail it's 2 miles. Add other loops to increase​ distance. Recorded track looks like hikers added Red Loop.

Started at the Alpine street entrance and took the orange trail to the blue trail, blue to the red, and then red back to the orange trail. We logged about 4 miles total. There wasn't too much elevation gain. It took us approximately 2 hours. Overall, it was a very nice hike.

Enjoyable narrow ranged switchbacks and mountain terrain

Started at the Robert Rodale Gateway trail at the parking lot on Klines Rd and then picked up the orange trail. It had just rained the past two days so the trail was muddy/wet which made some of the rocks/wooden structures a bit slippery. The trail is designed for mountain bikes but I had no issues hiking it with my two dogs. Overall great little hike and I look forward to going back to explore some of the other trails that branch off of it.

My fiance lives in Emmaus and when I visit I really enjoy hiking this trail. Fine to do in shorts and sneakers. Really a nice peaceful walk

very nice trail on a cool crisp morning

I work two jobs and have a 3 1/2 hour break between jobs. so I look for someway to take time. thought I would try this trail it's peaceful if you like solitude it's excellent. the highlight of this trail I think is the boulder outcrop.