Slippery Rock Gorge Trail

Slippery Rock Gorge Trail is a 14.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Slippery Rock Township, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail is a 6.2 mile point to point trail located near Slippery Rock Township, Pennsylvania. It is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & rock climbing and is accessible from March until November. Dogs must be kept on leash.

Great hike.. be sure to check out the falls! They are beautiful. This hike has a lot of hills and at some spots the path is alil rocky and a narrow! I will be doing that hike again!

This is a gorgeous trail, and the sight and sound of the Slippery Rock Creek is wonderful. I would agree with the rating of difficult even though the climbing was only moderately hard. The terrain is very rough; you are dealing with constant rocks and roots and in November at least, slippery and muddy spots. I went only 9.5 miles total in and back, but due to bad knees and a herniated disk in my back, I was struggling the last couple of miles! Took me 5 hours to go from the Mill to almost Hell’s Run and back again. Highly recommended for more serious hikers.

I very nice hike. At times it was demanding, with some long climbs! This definitely was a moderate to hard hike for me-just like I like them! Beauty all around and well taken care of. Only got in 8.5 miles, but will do it again soon!!!

Enjoyed the sights and sounds along the trail !

We hiked this trail as an out and back. It's is on the difficult side but not terrible. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time. It has some elevation changes but they are manageable with the switchbacks built into the trail. This trail is very well maintained. I was very impressed. You can hear slippery rock creek throughout the majority of this trail. This is part of the north country trail.

Beautiful, nice to hear the water. Hiking is strenuous, with rocks and roots and a few rough elevations.

This hike took my wife, 2 dogs, and I just over 5 hours to complete. So excellent views of the river, that are perfect for taking pictures with our pups. Not overly strenuous, but the elevation does come in bunches.

Gorgeous hike along the river. Nice and cool in the gorge. Challenging and well marked trail.