Slippery Rock Gorge Trail

Slippery Rock Gorge Trail is a 14.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Slippery Rock Township, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2089 feet

The trail is a 6.2 mile point to point trail located near Slippery Rock Township, Pennsylvania. It is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & rock climbing and is accessible from March until November. Dogs must be kept on leash.

Beautiful, nice to hear the water. Hiking is strenuous, with rocks and roots and a few rough elevations.

This hike took my wife, 2 dogs, and I just over 5 hours to complete. So excellent views of the river, that are perfect for taking pictures with our pups. Not overly strenuous, but the elevation does come in bunches.

Gorgeous hike along the river. Nice and cool in the gorge. Challenging and well marked trail.

Carried my 18 month old to the falls and then a mile up the main trail(just over 3 miles total). Trail to the falls was pretty easy and GORGEOUS. Especially the end destination. The main trail was much harder for me, a newer hiker with an extra 35lbs on my back :) but I will definitely be back to take the main trail farther than the 1 mile in I went.

We took a trail off of Armstrong road and it was the scariest thing ever but fun! Would not do that specific unofficial trail again though because of the danger. once we got to the Hell waterfall and went along the marked trail we had a blast ! only thing that brought us down was the endless mud but that's nature !

Muddy at times, but a great hike!