Slippery Rock Gorge Trail

Slippery Rock Gorge Trail is a 11.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Slippery Rock Township, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail is a 6.2 mile point to point trail located near Slippery Rock Township, Pennsylvania. It is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & rock climbing and is accessible from March until November. Dogs must be kept on leash.

Carried my 18 month old to the falls and then a mile up the main trail(just over 3 miles total). Trail to the falls was pretty easy and GORGEOUS. Especially the end destination. The main trail was much harder for me, a newer hiker with an extra 35lbs on my back :) but I will definitely be back to take the main trail farther than the 1 mile in I went.

We took a trail off of Armstrong road and it was the scariest thing ever but fun! Would not do that specific unofficial trail again though because of the danger. once we got to the Hell waterfall and went along the marked trail we had a blast ! only thing that brought us down was the endless mud but that's nature !

Muddy at times, but a great hike!

Amazing views!! great workout all the way through. take a right off the path down to a gorgeous waterfall and opening to the river about 4miles in. Hells Hallow falls was pretty, too. my dog loved every bit of it and so did I! I'll definitely be back and finish all the way to the Mills. Give yourself the majority of the day as it is an out and back hike.

The trail starts out pretty easy but gets more challenging the farther you go. I did this with my dog and he handled pretty well. Some of the sections are no wider than him and resembles more of a goat path than a trail. I would recommend this trail to anyone who is getting ready to do a overnight backpacking trip. It will definitely get you conditioned for a rigorous hike

This trail was great and most of all absolutely beautiful! The terrain can get a little rough at times with all the rocks but it's definitely well worth the 15 mile hike. I recommend starting at Alpha Pass too.

awesome hiking! great views, and my dog loved the streams and waterfalls. Less traffic in the morning but got a bit busy in the afternoon. Didn't get to finish all the way to the Mills but can't wait to return!