Slateford Creek Falls (Upper Falls)

Slateford Creek Falls (Upper Falls) is a 0.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Bethel, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.1 miles Elevation Gain: 19 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Hiked this many times. Great water views both falls and creek.

Beautiful waterfall and moss

this trail is a great one for little kids and anyone that wants a very quick walk to see a beautiful setting! I took my 2 year old son here and he did great, not difficult at all with gorgeous scenery, so peaceful

This was a neat little trail took us down to the bottom of the waterfall that most of the pictures are of on this review. If you’re an avid hiker and I really good with your footing you can climb the falls when the water isn’t high. If you are able to climb of the falls and keep going down the trail you’ll see an old dam that is really cool. I also took a picture of a tower looking thing that is made of solid cement with the bolt in the middle, I’m not sure what that was but it is pretty neat that it’s out in the middle of nowhere. If you travel down stream along the water you’ll also see some old water pipes and stuff sticking out and get to the top of the lower Falls. All in all we walked about 3 miles total and it was a blast.

short, nice waterfall

Wow! At first only the creek was visible, but then it opened up to the falls. Quite lovely for a short little jaunt.

First time here and wasn’t sure which way to go to but saw what looked like a rocky trail leading to one part of the waterfalls. You could slip off if you are not careful doing down. Near the water was very relaxing and cooling. I call this nature’s air conditioning. My husband and I couldn’t find a clear way to continue the trail but I all the sudden felt like I got burned by something (like a cigarette cherry.) I saw behind my husband, a swarm of wasps/yellow jackets, but they went past him after unsuccessfully trying to sting him through his jeans and attacked me instead as I was wearing leggings. I told him to run and I got stung three times in the leg. I’ve gone 35 years of my life and never been stung by bees or wasps. First time for everything. Luckily, I stopped by Kelly’s Ice Cream and they were nice enough to give me a bag of ice then we went back to go to the Upper Falls. I’d like if there were signs for some type of guidance. According the the map on the app, we were not on the trail for the Lower Falls since that one looked more straight than what I recorded before I ran right back up after I lost battle with the wasps. Wasps 3, humans 0.

Amazingly beautiful falls. Full black stone overflow.

This is basically just a nice walk to a waterfall. Seems like a good place for families. Would definitely recommend hiking from or to the lower falls. Come early if you want to find parking.

Great short hike.

I would recommend this trail for a nice dog walk or just a visit to a waterfall not far from a roadway. It’s a lovely spot to read a book or even hang a hammock. Very peaceful and quite pretty after the rainfall. Mind the rocks of the waterfall ! Not recommended to climb. It’s slippery slate rock, you can easily receive a deep laceration and of course fall.

Fri Jan 11 2019

Super easy falls to get to. I had trouble finding the starting point to the trail but thanks to a previous review found it. It a beautiful waterfall with some cascades prior to it and below it.

Tue Nov 06 2018

Go all the way up the Hill, pass the parking lot on your right, make a left where it says road Closure ahead. pass the house on your right and Trailhead will be on your left just before the bridge. I'd turn around and park by the 4 rocks that mark entrance facing the way you just came in(only about 3-4 parking spots available). Narrow flat descending trail, About .2 miles down it will open up and you'll see the beautiful waterfall on your right. we continued down the trail over a few logs but the trail changed into a hill ascend that might need both hands at which point we turned around since we had 2 pups with us. short easy spot if you have no time or for a fast pit stop to stretch legs like we did. no one was there but on our way up the was a nice older couple parking their car and we have them directions bc they started walking towards the bridge so we went to give them directions. and the gentleman turned around and said yeah I know, we just to cut school to hang out here lol and we all laughed. at least he was a really nice local!

Sun Jun 10 2018

Fantastic little trail that leads to pretty waterfalls. My dogs and I had a blast playing in the water this morning. I couldn’t believe we were the only ones there. Truly a hidden gem. We’ll definitely be back!!

Thu Feb 22 2018

All by myself it was a short but extremely pleasant hike with the exception of the litter thrown about but those who claim to love the outdoors and treat it with total disrespect.

Sat Jul 22 2017

The upper portion of a relatively unknown trail and falls. You could continue the out and back trail from the lower 2 falls but everything I read online suggested to go back to your car after the first two falls and drive to this upper one. This is so simple it's ridiculous park get out go down about a 1/10 of a mile on a better trail that the lower two falls and you're at the upper falls. Piece of cake. Out of the three I found this to be the least impressive waterfall but maybe I just have high standards now after seeing so many.