Skippack Circle Loop Trail

Skippack Circle Loop Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Norristown, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Collegeville, PA: Follow Germantown Pike south. Immediately after crossing the Perkiomen Creek, turn right onto Ridge Pike Road. Travel through the park property and turn left onto Grange Avenue. Take your first left onto Mill Road. Follow it to the first parking area. Skippack Circle Loop Trail begins along side the creek.

easy hike, good way to get away for an hour or two

Brought my dog and we loved this trail! Definitely not the best marked (totally think we went on the horse trail at the beginning) but we made it thanks to some local hikers that do this hike every week. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a long hike but an easy one

Very poorly marked! Ended up quite a walk on busy road but fortunately I had my "map my walk" app on so it got us to our car. Glad it was a beautiful day ! Got my steps in!

A really great hike to get your heart rate up for a fantastic work out. The only issue I had was the fact that parts of the trail were not clearly marked, so I ended up finding myself walking along the horse trail. There was some horse poop, but since it’s Autumn, a lot of it is covered by leaves/decomposing. I wish the parts of the trail that split from the horse friendly parts were more clearly marked. (White dots.)

HOLY HORSE POOP!!! I enjoyed the company I was with, but that was it! This trail was AWFUL ! The trail is marked as multi-use...which is fine, horses DESTROYED this trail!! My friend and I hardly saw anything because our eyes were glued to the ground the entire time because of all of the horse poop and mud from the torn up patches of "path" from the horse activity. I'm all for sharing trails with dogs, bikers, runners, ect, but these horses completely ruined this trail. I'm shocked that it is even marked for hikers to use at all. Even the people on the horses were rude and inconsiderate. When they were coming up to you, you had to trample through mud and poop, and squeeze next to a tree until they passed at their own slow pace. I will definitely NOT GO BACK to this trail or hike any other trail at this park where horses are permitted to go. I will have to do some research and find some trails for HIKERS ONLY because it is a beautiful park, but this was a miserable experience because of the condition the horses left this trail in.