Skippack Circle Loop Trail

Skippack Circle Loop Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Norristown, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Collegeville, PA: Follow Germantown Pike south. Immediately after crossing the Perkiomen Creek, turn right onto Ridge Pike Road. Travel through the park property and turn left onto Grange Avenue. Take your first left onto Mill Road. Follow it to the first parking area. Skippack Circle Loop Trail begins along side the creek.

a fun little trail to get a few miles in to stay in practice. can be very muddy in parts due to horse traffic. with that traffic also comes horse land mines. hunt in is allowed in some sections, so wear Orange.

easy hike, good way to get away for an hour or two

Brought my dog and we loved this trail! Definitely not the best marked (totally think we went on the horse trail at the beginning) but we made it thanks to some local hikers that do this hike every week. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a long hike but an easy one

Very poorly marked! Ended up quite a walk on busy road but fortunately I had my "map my walk" app on so it got us to our car. Glad it was a beautiful day ! Got my steps in!

A really great hike to get your heart rate up for a fantastic work out. The only issue I had was the fact that parts of the trail were not clearly marked, so I ended up finding myself walking along the horse trail. There was some horse poop, but since it’s Autumn, a lot of it is covered by leaves/decomposing. I wish the parts of the trail that split from the horse friendly parts were more clearly marked. (White dots.)

HOLY HORSE POOP!!! I enjoyed the company I was with, but that was it! This trail was AWFUL ! The trail is marked as multi-use...which is fine, horses DESTROYED this trail!! My friend and I hardly saw anything because our eyes were glued to the ground the entire time because of all of the horse poop and mud from the torn up patches of "path" from the horse activity. I'm all for sharing trails with dogs, bikers, runners, ect, but these horses completely ruined this trail. I'm shocked that it is even marked for hikers to use at all. Even the people on the horses were rude and inconsiderate. When they were coming up to you, you had to trample through mud and poop, and squeeze next to a tree until they passed at their own slow pace. I will definitely NOT GO BACK to this trail or hike any other trail at this park where horses are permitted to go. I will have to do some research and find some trails for HIKERS ONLY because it is a beautiful park, but this was a miserable experience because of the condition the horses left this trail in.

I started from the Old Farmstead which would be at the very end of the second of the three parking sections on your right as you drive in. The trail from the farmstead to the loop is not well documented on the map, so it was a bit confusing. Once arriving at the loop I took a left, heading east/north, and it was a pleasant enough walk until...the areas I encountered were so destroyed by horses that it was not passable without sinking fairly deep into mud. I do not wear knee high boots, so I literally had to turn around and go back.

What really pisses me off is that as a mountain biker, we have always been chastised by municipalities and park authorities about how mountain biking destroys trails and consequently mountain bikes have been prohibited on most trails in most parks in the area. Yet the truth is the most mountain bikers are very sensitive to trail conditions and often volunteer to help maintain them. Mountain bikes could not possibly do the damage that these equestrians do, but because they have the money and influence, they get to continue to destroy these trails such that hikers cannot use them.

oo

Beautiful setting, but about half the trail length was very torn up by horses and was very muddy. Also, this trail has significantly more poison ivy than most others in the area making it very kid unfriendly.

Torn up by horses and very boring. Several trails shown on the map did not exist. Poorly marked. Not recommended on foot

Difficult to navigate since it's really poorly marked.

Beautiful area & occasionally challenging trail. My one complaint is that it's poorly marked which is particularly troublesome at turns and intersections along the way; despite having a map, that isn't very easy to follow, I got off track several times & became concerned that I was headed in the wrong direction.
The addition of blazes would make this an ideal trail. Be prepared to get muddy if there's been rain or on the spring, some sections were soggy.

Just had bilateral knee replacement surgery 4.5 months ago. The "Loop" took me 2.5 hours to finish, a bit sore and swollen but great morning of rehab!

If not for the part where you walk on road this would be a 5 star trail.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Not well marked at all. I'm an avid trailer and got lost twice the first time around. Luckily, other hikers were very helpful. An absolutely beautiful trail once you find your way.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Not well marked at all!

Monday, October 31, 2016

Came here with great company and has a blast. The trails were moderate, but were a ton of fun due to the small footing challenge.
There was a whole lot of horses all over the trails back in Evansburg.
The water appeared very clear and the dog had a blast putting her feet into the water.
Unfortunately, the camera had lost battery so we were unable to take any pictures...we will have to go back again because the park was stunning.

Friday, October 21, 2016

not well marked later in the trail, easy to less moderate difficulty, varied terrain, lots of guns shots on Saturday am, more popular later in the day.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

really pretty trail but at times was not well marked.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Very pretty and relatively easy hike. Was NOT well marked at all which was frustrating.