Shuman Point Blue Trail

Shuman Point Blue Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tafton, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fall time of year, foliage range bright yellows and some deep reds. Beautiful water side walking along the lake.

Great hike...on a great fall day, went down to the lake loop..a cool manmade firepit and benches..actually saw and videoed a river otter! Awesome experience

I liked the lake view, but not secluded enough for my taste. Could hear/see traffic and people on boats. I prefer something a bit more quiet. Would do again given the close proximity to where I live. ☺

This was a decent loop hike. Go counter clockwise so you do the uphill portion first. Nice boulder to sit on and enjoy the lake view from the shoreline.

Easy walk! Gets very wet, wear water proof shoes. LOVE the views of Lake Wallenpaupack

This trail is very easy, with a small incline depending on which end of the loop you enter from. The lake is really the only view, great for exercise. The path was poorly marked, even with the all trails map we walked a mile out of our way looking for markings. Perfect for ticks so bring your bug spray!

Nice Trail

We just did on a 50 degree February day w a few inches of damp snow on the ground and a beautiful blue ground. Parking lot was full but only saw 4 sets of ppl on the hike. Trail was easy w one steep part and lively view of lake for most of it. Snow made it a foot work out.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Easy trail to follow. Their is only one area uphill that is moderate. Beautiful scenery off trail a bit by the lake. Didn't see any animals. Their was a giant stone wall in the middle of the hike that was pretty cool.

Monday, October 24, 2016

easy trail close to home

Monday, October 17, 2016

Great hike, went with my wife and 9 year old. Logged a total of 3 miles. Easier to start on the North side of the parking lot; it's a steep climb to start this way, so to finish 3 miles with this ascent would've been a different hike.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Peaceful

Thursday, August 11, 2016

I hike the trail often, at least once a week. always a new experience.
it is my church.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

awesome trail, beautiful views!

Friday, May 27, 2016

Steep in spots. Do start as recommended counterclockwise .... When you get to the end of the trail you'll be glad you did

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Great trail to hike with a dog. You can access the lake about halfway through so I always let my pup swim and she is dry by the time we get back to the car. This is a pretty easy hike but it still feels like a hike rather than just an easy walk through the woods. This usually tales me about an hour.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

nice easy hike. great views of the lake.

Saturday, June 06, 2015

I did this trail a few times. The best time to go is later in the summer when the water is low. I went off trail and walked the rocky shoreline .

Saturday, March 09, 2013

The trailhead is in Lakeville, the other side of the lake from where the map shows .