Shaffers Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Shaffers Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Montgomery, Pennsylvania that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

This trail should NOT be used anymore!! I attempted to use it yesterday and was threatened by someone who claimed to be a land owner. I was told I was trespassing and he'll call the cops on me like he does with everyone else.

I don't think this is a public access trail anymore. I was rudely warned off continuing along the trail. there are houses and garbage all over.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

can't find the trail. it's all posted.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

I haven't hike this trail but I know where it is at. The best way to access it is drive out Elimsport Road from the traffic light on Route 15 at Green Lawn Cemetery. Just beyond the Brady Township building, Shaffers Path Road turns to the right. Follow it all the way to the end and it becomes a path only for 4WD or ATV's. It will go up the mountain to Skyline Drive which is not accessible by car. Gated at each end. You could have a car at the gate and do a car to car hike or hike back down the mountain to your car.