Seven Tubs Nature Area

Seven Tubs Nature Area is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 213 feet Route Type: Loop

Great hike. Follow the creek down to the reservoir to add distance, and a good 1.5 mile 6% grade climb back. Take a left at the reservoir to the top of the mountain for several acres of blueberries in June and August. Cross the power lines for a strenuous climb down to the base of the falls.

1 hour ago

I went on this hike after a recent snowfall. While I was walking it began to flurry, and the snow covered trees and rocks along the stream and waterfalls were stunning. The trail was very well marked and the perfect length for a quiet, snowy day.

Love this hike. The water and rock formations are awesome winter spring summer fall

Great park with lots to see beyond waterfalls. Check out my write up which includes directions and things to look out for. eastcoasthiker.com/trails/seventubs

just an off shoot. Just behind the upper parking lot. Didnt do much just exploring. However there are trails all around and worth checking out.

Great Trail, lots of good sites. we turned a 1.8 mile hike into 2.5. awesome time if you are looking for a quick hike.

Seven Tubs is a great trail. it's a short hike but the scenery is fantastic. It is my favorite hike I've done so far. I would encourage anyone to do this hike. It is awesome.

A very pretty hike and not difficult.

Was decent. Not overly impressed but was a good walk.

Nice hike

Great walk. Nice views

great place for trail running. Various rock obstacles. Tree roots are abundant and slippery when wet.

This place is gorgeous BUT like many other reviews here this place is packed with reckless, irresponsible, and uncaring kids. Come one come many, the coolers, smoking and litter bugs came too. I had brought a trash bag after reading reviews about the excessive trash and while cleaning the trail I bent over and picked up a water bottle and there was a sharp glass shard lodged in the mud. It had sliced my knee open and needed stitches. This place needs to be managed more. There is also not much trail markings to help navigate the park. This place is so beautiful. But is pretty much ruined by the people coming there.

I love this place! It is well maintained but can get very busy on a nice day.

this is my new favorite place to hike. and I'm from NY. the pools to play in are amazing. the scenery is out of this world. there is a bit of storm damage in some areas but that makes you realize how little you are. lol.

If it's not overcrowded and there is minimal(I know, I wish none) litter, it would be incredible. Much to discover there

private property

Great place past years, but not taking my kids there anymore! Loud music, Hookah, trash, drunk ppl. Last thing I saw yesterday while we leaving was a man making number one by the woods!!! This is not a place for kids anymore! Im from Wilkes Barre and is so sad my family can not come back to our river, because there is not respect. I hope this problem can be fixed soon.

Quite an experience. The swimmers are absolutely awful! Luckily, they are mainly located near the trailhead/entrance. Coolers, trash, loud music, screaming and we saw a man beat a garter snake to death - and we had offered to relocate it in the park. After passing the swimming crowd, the park was very lovely and tranquil. Even on a Sunday (7/14) afternoon it was fairly empty. We decided to hike through the water since it was super hot. Watch for some broken beer bottles. Good thing we had on hiking boot with strong soles, anyone barefoot or in flip flops may cut their feet. We meandered for several hours in the park. As we walked back through the parking lot to leave, there was a fist fight between 2 swimmers. Overall, it was both horrible and really pretty. I want to return in the Fall and hope things seem more peaceful.

Very nice trail. Heavily populated. People go here to swim and in my opinion take a large risk trying to navigate the gorge. I say take in the beautiful view and trail and leave the gorge to be looked at.

Over crowded. The main downfall. Pretty crazy water way though!

A gorgeous trail, with plenty of waterfalls and trail tracks. Some areas are very steep and muddy- wear proper shoes and be mindful of your footing!