Seven Tubs Nature Area

Seven Tubs Nature Area is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Plains Township, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike, follow the creek down to the resevoir to add distance and a good 1.5 mile 6% grade climb back. Take a left at the resevoir to the top of the mountain for several acres of Blue Berries in June and August. Cross the powerlines for s strenuous climb down to the base of the falls.

Clearly marked trails with a great view! Wear some shoes with traction bc the rocks get slippery! I wish it was a longer trail.

Great views! Perfect for a quick afternoon hike. Trail is fairly well marked. A couple slippery spots on wet rocks but overall an easy hike.

Beautiful waterfalls, and river views. The more you walk into the forest the better it gets. Definitely wear shoes with traction, because of slippery damp rocks.

Beautiful trail loop that is well marked!

Very pleasant experience. Though I do not understand why DCNR locked up the gate (apparently all winter) and put up no parking signs on the entrance since when you call the DCNR office they instruct you to park there anyway during the winter and to walk past the gate to get it.

very nice, followed the yellow/blue trail. a little icy

Gets your heart pumping :)

We really enjoyed hiking this trail.

Nice trail .

Finding the trail markers was a bit difficult at times but that made the adventure more fun. Loved the scenic view from the train tracks.

Very scenic hike. We weren’t able to see all the Tibs as part of trail was close down but we did enjoy our hike!

Absolutely a must see

Loved it! Every step of the way is so beautiful! Fall colors and a fun little trail on the water.

Currently being renovated, new steps and reworking the water flow. And I see why, some spots are extremely slippery. Did a number on my knee here.

Great morning walk today. Some spots are super slippery. Some beautiful spots along the creek. All in all a nice easy trail. Just watch for rocks and tree roots that are ankle twisters. They are doing some work at the top by the power lines, but the trail continues even though it appears to end, just look around.

Excellent hike! Breathtaking views all around and the place truly felt magical. Easy hike too. Will definitely be returning in the very very near future

Great trail with so much to see. It was an easy hike, with not too many steep inclines, rocky areas, or slippery slopes. I brought my seven year old son and he was able to hike the whole thing without any trouble. There are many small waterfalls, beautiful wild flowers, natural tubs, and great views along this trail. I was very pleased with this hike, and will absolutely be visiting here again. We went after a week of rain so the trail was slightly muddy, but it made the falls and tubs even more enjoyable!

Great park with lots to see beyond waterfalls. Check out my write up which includes directions and things to look out for.

Easy and beautiful! I hate all the graffiti and trash though

Beautiful trail! The water was a little too cold to swim in but had the weather been a little nicer it would have felt great! The trails are a little slippery but not hard! I highly recommend this place and will be visiting again!

Love this hike. A bit crowded if you want to go swimming but hiking was very nice.

Other than losing the trail at the power lines, this was one of the best trails I've ever been on with my kids. not too hard, not too long, and plenty of water to play in.

reallynice2.mile.moderate at times a lot of missing blur blazes follow yellow at power line go across power line break to pick up trail again

Real adventure. Wonderful view. Short and not that hard loop, but make sure to wear proper shoes. Rocky path could be slippery after the rain. And accidentally you can slide into the stream, this happened to my daughter :-). Keep your phone battery alive coz forest part could be tricky if you took a wrong way.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Awesome creek view and mountain view!! Definitely doing this trail again in the future!

Saturday, May 06, 2017

beautiful trail

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Great 2 miles hiking and enjoying the scenery. Very calming and enjoyable

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Decided to stop by on our way home from NY. Great place, less than an hour from home. We didn't get to do the whole loop. but what we did do, we enjoyed. Beautiful place, will definitely be going back again soon.

Friday, April 21, 2017

I hiked the Blue Loop Trail with my 11 year old, and we enjoyed our time along the stream. The trail is well marked with paint marks on the trees. It looks like they were marked with blue paint originally and then switched to the more visible yellow. Don't forget your hiking sticks.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Easy hike all around. Gets fairly busy in the summer, but big enough to make due. It's nice if you continue up through the tunnel.