Settler's Cabin Green Loop Trail

Settler's Cabin Green Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oakdale, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Moderate trail when not overlapping other trails. Be prepared for some drops in elevation, especially near places where trail is not marked very well.

These are really easy trails, but they end up making for a nice long walk. The overhead trees really shade the pathways so although it was 90 today, it didn't feel like it.

I 100% DO NOT recommend this trail if you have dogs who have long coats. I have a shepherd/husky mix and spent longer after the hike than we did hiking pulling off small thorns and spike-ball bush things (clearly I'm not a botanist).

So muddy. Will go back for a hike to find that waterfall tho

Difficulty finding entrance to trail ......asked people in park and nobody knew.......once I found entrance Sign was off......just empty post Found map and sign at bottom of hill to trail.....but hiked with my dog a few miles liked and will be go back......shame wasted alot of time looking for trail.

love the trail but this has been one of the most confusing trail to navigate. There are barely any signs especially on intersections and midway through, the color code on the trees disappears. The maps doesn't seem to coordinate with the trail in certain areas. we basically had to second guess and walk the purple back and forth until we took an unmarked trail and finally after stopping some hikers we were able to get back to the green loop.

decent trail, areas that were a little overgrown but generally clear. markings somewhat confusing.

I found navigation a little frustrating. I ended up starting at the Tee Pee Loop Sign which actually seemed to be the blue line based on spray paint on the trees. We followed it to the perpendicular crossing with purple line. Then doubled back about 75 yards and dropped down on what I believe was green line. Ran into the waterfall and there is a pic nic bench there. Would be great to pack a lunch to. Then tried to follow the green line back toward the tee pee trail head. But about 150 yards down stream of the waterfall (beside the old rusty vehicle frame) the trails get pretty messy with no clear indication of how to continue on the green line. Maybe someone that goes there often could take some green paint down to that area for newbies to the area.