Second Mountain Trail

Second Mountain Trail is a 9.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pottsville, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Was looking for a single track. Had no idea this was just a road. Disappointed.

Looking at the other reviews, I guess we just picked a crummy direction to walk. We hiked off to the left (west) where the road ends (could have gone straight toward the power lines or off to the right. Nothing much to see in the direction we walked. Found some coyote and racoon prints, not much else.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

geocaching
Sunday, July 12, 2015

Awesome area, I love it and have hiked all the peaks and rock outcroppings, Pinnacle, Pullpit, Owls head, Hemlock heights, South rock (2 rattlers) and rattlesnake mtn. Lots of beautiful views.

Monday, August 09, 2010

You can hike the ridge or walk the dirt road all the way to Hawk Mountain's Owl's Head look out. Just awesome! First time there my dog found a Timber Rattle Snake den under the boulder I was sitting on. Now, how many people can say they found something like that? I was thrilled. There is so much wildlife to see, there are also many lookouts along the way.