Scenic Gorge Trail

Scenic Gorge Trail is a 2.9 kilometer loop trail located near Tamiment, Pennsylvania that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.9 km Elevation Gain: 86 m Route Type: Loop

Quick, easy, well marked trail through the Pocono Environmental Education Center property. I went on a Tuesday, late morning, in mid November and it was empty. There is a campground on the property though so I expect in the nicer weather it gets crowded. Dog friendly and the education center at the trailhead has printed maps. If you’re going to use the map on here, download it to your phone before leaving home. Cell service is spotty to nothing on the trail.

recorded Scenic Gorge Trail

Easy trail with beautiful small water features

Easy enough walk on an easy-to-follow trail.

Overall this was an “ok” hike . First thing though ,the directions lead you to an end of Emery road that appears to be private property ... with a ‘Closed’ sign in front of the road .. so I continued on to make a Left in Milford road , then a Left in Thurner rd ... which led me to Emery from the other direction ( made a R onto Emery ) . It might be easier just to get directions to PEEC ( Pocono Environmental Education Center ) where the trailhead is . The trail itself is not blazed as well for this trail ( red blazes) and I found myself thinking that I had accidentally gone onto the yellow-blazed Ridgeline trail . Despite my app map telling me that I was always in the right place , I must have left the trail for a while because there were several educational trail markers that I missed . There were a lot of trees down ... hemlocks mostly , from Wooly Adelgid and perhaps previous storms . This was a little depressing to see ... this trail must have been magnificent in previous times , but now I would rate it as just ‘ok’ . PEEC has restrooms which was nice , as well as the educational interpretive maps for all of their trails .

Great trail. Also added the Fossil trail backwards. Some steep inclines, rock climbs and water crossings.

Tue Jun 05 2018

This is one of my new favorite trails in the area. It was empty when I brought my dogs and all I could hear was the birds chirping. It was very peaceful. There are some inclines and declines but overall a relatively easy trail.

Fri Sep 01 2017

Easy walk, but very nice.

Thu Jun 30 2016

Nice, calm, easy, quiet walk through the woods.

Mon Mar 07 2011

A nice, easy hike in the woods, giving a nice sense of solitude when it isn't busy.

Mon Jul 02 2018