Sand Spring Trail

Sand Spring Trail is a 4.6 mile loop trail located near Auburn, Pennsylvania that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from White Haven, PA: Take Interstate 80 to Exit 41. Drive east on PA 534 for 6 miles to reach the park. After passing the park office, take your first right which is past several dams. Trail begins near campsite #108.

great great awesome moderate hike! The springs were amazing to see the water bubbling up like that! My old dog even made this walk and he is 12 but it was ruff on him (get it, ok i’m lame). Anyways, i was amazed just at the sheer natural beauty of this place not ONE piece litter did I notice here! Many stream crossings hopping across rocks is always fun, very rocky in spots and Howard my dog did have some trouble navigating around them but he is a 12 year old rough collie.

Definitely rocky and wet in places but all things considered a nice hike. My wife and I and our 6 pound dog did it in about 3 hours. The last hour the dog rode in my backpack.

Def not an easy hike. Plenty of water crossings, especially after the recent rains. Beautiful scenery. Wear appropriate footwear, bring bug spray and a camera. Be sure to stop at the bubbling spring!

Very nice trail with numerous streams and falls. I would definitely not rate this trail as easy due to being so rocky and all the streams you cross. Hiked with my 3 month old son strapped to my chest, friends brought their small dog along, all were fine. Good markings to follow just expect to get a little wet and be concentrated on your footing. Would recommend to anyone and would def come again.

Very nice trail with little waterfalls along it. Can be rocky in some area's but overall nice trail! The sand springs were neat to see.

Typical rocky PA trail. Well marked with blue blazes. It was neat to see the Sand Spring bubbling. Hiked it with dogs, & they did fine. Picked up the Tom Lowe Trail off of this one, for a nice 5.6ish mile loop, that finishes back at the parking lot.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Excluding the fact that we got lost and gnats were immensely attracted to our faces, sandy spring's was beautiful! I loved everything about it, we even got to see a deer! Ahaha! If you decide to go, be sure to be prepared, because we weren't and i had to hold in my piss for hours. But it was totally worth it.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Friday, November 14, 2014

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Awesome terrain and scenery throughout the entire hike. Some difficult climbs but the sandy bottomed spring is worth checking out.

Sunday, May 26, 2013