Sand Run Falls Trail

Sand Run Falls Trail is a 6.7 mile loop trail located near Blossburg, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Great Trail!

Followed the orange markers down and back. There is a marker and a map at about the halfway point and another marker further down. Just before the falls at the fork the sign was gone so we took the trail to the right to get above the falls but it wasn't clear how to get to the bottom. It would be great if there were more mile markers on the trail to judge the distance. Also there is NO cell service after about halfway so be prepared in the event of an emergency. A really nice hike and the falls were worth it.

Trail is easily marked and offers a beautiful water fall at the end. The trail is has overgrown plants in spots and is a muddy mess in other spots. I hike often and this trail kicked my butt!! My kids did it with minimal complaints ages 15(she loved it), 9 (he liked it) and 6 ( she had the minimal complaints.). Dogs had a blast and we didn't walk to the bottom of the falls because the hill is very steep. Overall I would do the trail again.

My husband and I did this hike yesterday. We followed the orange markers down to the waterfall (which was so beautiful & peaceful) and the red markers back which was a REALLY bad idea.

The red marker trail wasn't kept up so we had no idea which way to go. We were confronted by alot of wild life walking along the fence in the high grass. It was rather scary. Thankful for this App with the compass or we probably would have gone in circles.

We have children & I can't say that I would ever bring them on that trail. It was a nice hike for us adults though. Just stay on the orange path both ways & you will enjoy it.

Very nice hike. It's a little steep getting down below the falls, not hard for adults, but for younger children it may be a little difficult. Both the orange and red trails have a pleasant grade. Adding to the natural beauty of the hike is the leaves are in moderate color change now. The hike was definitely worth the 100 mile drive. One thing to note is that the red trail has a few left or right turns, so it is a good idea to memorize which way you want to go for the turns in advance. There are at least 2 maps posted on the trails (one on the orange, one on the red), so if you are not sure you have made the correct turns on the red trail you can get straightened out when you come upon the map.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Monday, July 11, 2016

Very kid friendly trail. Easy and fun walk in the woods. I was surprise at how well maintained the trail was. Gravel was put down in spots where it normally would be wet. Because of the mention over growth in the loop aspect of the trail we did not loop. On the way back we saw a black bear!!! You don't get a chance to hike with that type of wildlife everyday.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

the first half of this trail is very enjoyable, and you are rewarded at the halfway point with a beautiful waterfall!! the rest of the trail, however, left a bad taste in my mouth because it was an (unmarked) ATV trail and was not cleared. we lost our way a couple of times and had to trudge through very tall grass and foliage, which are havens for snakes. I would recommend this trail highly to everyone, but would not suggest taking the loop whatsoever.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Went here today and hiked the red trail with my GF and dog. We hiked the red trail and it was really nice, portions of the trail are a bit overgrown it all in all it was a very nice leisure hike.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016

May 15, 2016 and it was rather cool with squalls of sleet. good hike, love the scenery

Sunday, April 24, 2016

We really enjoyed this trail. We took the orange marked mid state trail down the falls and the red marked sand run trail back. The mid state trail was definitely a more enjoyable hike with conifers lining the trail for most of the hike while the sand run trail on the way back did not have much scenery and ran along a fence for a little while. Next time we'll probably do the mid state trail in an out and back. The falls are an amazing pay off for this trail and are incredibly beautiful. We would recommend this trail just to see them!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Nice trail. The mid-state section seems much prettier than the Sand Run section. The falls at the end were awesome since it has been such a wet June. It was somewhat difficult to find the trail near the falls.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Have done this trail several times; once in mid-winter at 10 below zero. The north side of the loop is now part of the Mid State Trail. Sand Run Trail is an easy, relatively flat trail leading to a 30 ft waterfall. Be careful in crossing the creek. This is a wet crossing and should be done by following the Mid State Trail's orange blazes. Do not be tempted to cross just above the falls. One slip could mean disaster. Will be doing the trail again in Oct., 2012, leading our church youth group.