Sand Run Falls Trail is a 6.7 mile loop trail located near Blossburg, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

went on this hike with the wife, dog and a 4 year old. the trail was not to technical but you have to watch out for the bogs. Some of the roots and rocks were slippery. Had a nice lunch by the falls!! I would like to try the whole loop next time.

Really enjoyed hiking this trail! Definitely want to check it out again in the fall!

Great hike any time of year! Good family hike.

First time here. Its was a little wet due to the recent rainfalls. Awesome waterfalls

The waterfall looks amazing right now! Watch out for the bogs, just on the edge of the ferns-almost lost a shoe today, had a @$&! of a time getting it back! The forest looks, to me, to be predominately birch and maple and probably looks magical in October. I’ll be back!

Did this hike out/back along Midstate Trail today after having heavy rains all week. The falls were glorious! Both the larger ones were running full, was really a great spot to hang out for a while. Lots of nice fire rings and camping spots along the falls. Grateful for the rope to help scale up and down the steep edges. Water was high and stream crossing was a bit more challenging than I’d imagine it normally is, but it made for an awesome day.

beautiful, and fairy well maintained... especially the orange blazes going in... suggest you take them out as well, as the red return blazes can get confusing. also, when you get near the falls (about a mile after you first see the creek on your right), you will come to a 'T'. take the right path... the sign says midstate trail, but nothing about the falls. the rope descent is fairy easy, as is the return, and well worth getting to the bottom!!!
BTW... amazing fire ring and camping area for an easy in-out overnight! not sure about regs... any thoughts?

I loved the trail but the signs are confusing.

beautiful trail. easy to follow orange blazes to waterfall. loved that there was a rope to help get us mid 54 year olds down on the rocks below the falls. would definitely do it again.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Loved the nice pace of the hike out. Saw the smaller falls and then the larger falls - didn’t disappoint. Can’t wait to get back there in the warmer weather and do some camping/swimming.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Great Trail!

Monday, July 24, 2017

Followed the orange markers down and back. There is a marker and a map at about the halfway point and another marker further down. Just before the falls at the fork the sign was gone so we took the trail to the right to get above the falls but it wasn't clear how to get to the bottom. It would be great if there were more mile markers on the trail to judge the distance. Also there is NO cell service after about halfway so be prepared in the event of an emergency. A really nice hike and the falls were worth it.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Trail is easily marked and offers a beautiful water fall at the end. The trail is has overgrown plants in spots and is a muddy mess in other spots. I hike often and this trail kicked my butt!! My kids did it with minimal complaints ages 15(she loved it), 9 (he liked it) and 6 ( she had the minimal complaints.). Dogs had a blast and we didn't walk to the bottom of the falls because the hill is very steep. Overall I would do the trail again.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

My husband and I did this hike yesterday. We followed the orange markers down to the waterfall (which was so beautiful & peaceful) and the red markers back which was a REALLY bad idea.

The red marker trail wasn't kept up so we had no idea which way to go. We were confronted by alot of wild life walking along the fence in the high grass. It was rather scary. Thankful for this App with the compass or we probably would have gone in circles.

We have children & I can't say that I would ever bring them on that trail. It was a nice hike for us adults though. Just stay on the orange path both ways & you will enjoy it.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Very nice hike. It's a little steep getting down below the falls, not hard for adults, but for younger children it may be a little difficult. Both the orange and red trails have a pleasant grade. Adding to the natural beauty of the hike is the leaves are in moderate color change now. The hike was definitely worth the 100 mile drive. One thing to note is that the red trail has a few left or right turns, so it is a good idea to memorize which way you want to go for the turns in advance. There are at least 2 maps posted on the trails (one on the orange, one on the red), so if you are not sure you have made the correct turns on the red trail you can get straightened out when you come upon the map.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Very kid friendly trail. Easy and fun walk in the woods. I was surprise at how well maintained the trail was. Gravel was put down in spots where it normally would be wet. Because of the mention over growth in the loop aspect of the trail we did not loop. On the way back we saw a black bear!!! You don't get a chance to hike with that type of wildlife everyday.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

the first half of this trail is very enjoyable, and you are rewarded at the halfway point with a beautiful waterfall!! the rest of the trail, however, left a bad taste in my mouth because it was an (unmarked) ATV trail and was not cleared. we lost our way a couple of times and had to trudge through very tall grass and foliage, which are havens for snakes. I would recommend this trail highly to everyone, but would not suggest taking the loop whatsoever.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Went here today and hiked the red trail with my GF and dog. We hiked the red trail and it was really nice, portions of the trail are a bit overgrown it all in all it was a very nice leisure hike.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

May 15, 2016 and it was rather cool with squalls of sleet. good hike, love the scenery

Sunday, April 24, 2016

We really enjoyed this trail. We took the orange marked mid state trail down the falls and the red marked sand run trail back. The mid state trail was definitely a more enjoyable hike with conifers lining the trail for most of the hike while the sand run trail on the way back did not have much scenery and ran along a fence for a little while. Next time we'll probably do the mid state trail in an out and back. The falls are an amazing pay off for this trail and are incredibly beautiful. We would recommend this trail just to see them!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Nice trail. The mid-state section seems much prettier than the Sand Run section. The falls at the end were awesome since it has been such a wet June. It was somewhat difficult to find the trail near the falls.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Have done this trail several times; once in mid-winter at 10 below zero. The north side of the loop is now part of the Mid State Trail. Sand Run Trail is an easy, relatively flat trail leading to a 30 ft waterfall. Be careful in crossing the creek. This is a wet crossing and should be done by following the Mid State Trail's orange blazes. Do not be tempted to cross just above the falls. One slip could mean disaster. Will be doing the trail again in Oct., 2012, leading our church youth group.

recorded Sand Run Falls