Salt Springs Loop Trail

Salt Springs Loop Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Franklin Township, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

* 405 acres * Towering old growth hemlock trees, many estimated to be over 300 years old, * Rocky gorge cut by Fall Brook with its three waterfalls. * 300 acres adjacent to the park's southern border, is also open for public access. 12.75 miles of trails in total. The longest loop is just under 5 miles and is comprised of a few different trail segments. A project to blaze new trails in recently acquired, adjacent properties, should lengthen the mileage. The trails pass through old growth forest, overlook the gorge and meander through various habitats.

I hiked this trail on Saturday. I did the trails in this order: Hemlock, Hardwood, Friends, Summit, Cliff, Bunny, Fall Brook, Gorge. For the most part, the trail was well marked. The friends trail has sections walking through tall grass that you have to assume you're going in the right direction. As long as you stay fairly straight, the markers will pick back up. There are a few fallen trees, so it could be easy to get off trail if you're not careful when going around them. It took my 6 month old puppy and I about 2.5-3 hours to do 5.5 miles, stopping for pictures and to play in the water. Nice trail close to home!

I love this trail! I walked on it just this morning for the first time with my pup and it was a great time. I can't wait to explore even more of it. The only issue I had with it is that it was quiet muddy. But that's to be expected after rain. :)

Nice little gem, was snow on ground when were were here so we only went up left side trail up till road then cut over and back down other side but it was well worth it. Very scenic, and you really feel immersed in nature here, especially where the 2 streams come together. Was a little cairn garden there when I visited and was very tranquil. Nothing bad to say i just didn't get to explore it all so I can't give it the full 5 rating but the shitters were nice for the flushless type, hate to smell them in the summer.

a little hard to do on your own but excellent trails

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Monday, August 15, 2016

My kids and I get up here about once a year to hike the trails and see the waterfalls. We love it. Check out my full review along with some things to look out for.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Friday, April 29, 2016

We love Salt Springs. We enjoy the hike, the falls, wildlife, and the museum. We plan on going to some of the activities they have and camping as well.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Well maintained. The kids and I love it

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Thursday, March 19, 2015

This is one of our favorite parks. It's close to home for us so we go often when we want a walk in the woods but don't have time to travel too far afield. We've walked all the trails in the park but always enjoy our time there.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014