Salt Springs Loop Trail

Salt Springs Loop Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Franklin Township, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

* 405 acres * Towering old growth hemlock trees, many estimated to be over 300 years old, * Rocky gorge cut by Fall Brook with its three waterfalls. * 300 acres adjacent to the park's southern border, is also open for public access. 12.75 miles of trails in total. The longest loop is just under 5 miles and is comprised of a few different trail segments. A project to blaze new trails in recently acquired, adjacent properties, should lengthen the mileage. The trails pass through old growth forest, overlook the gorge and meander through various habitats.

I love this trail! I walked on it just this morning for the first time with my pup and it was a great time. I can't wait to explore even more of it. The only issue I had with it is that it was quiet muddy. But that's to be expected after rain. :)

Nice little gem, was snow on ground when were were here so we only went up left side trail up till road then cut over and back down other side but it was well worth it. Very scenic, and you really feel immersed in nature here, especially where the 2 streams come together. Was a little cairn garden there when I visited and was very tranquil. Nothing bad to say i just didn't get to explore it all so I can't give it the full 5 rating but the shitters were nice for the flushless type, hate to smell them in the summer.

a little hard to do on your own but excellent trails

My kids and I get up here about once a year to hike the trails and see the waterfalls. We love it. Check out my full review along with some things to look out for.

Friday, April 29, 2016

We love Salt Springs. We enjoy the hike, the falls, wildlife, and the museum. We plan on going to some of the activities they have and camping as well.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Well maintained. The kids and I love it

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Thursday, March 19, 2015

This is one of our favorite parks. It's close to home for us so we go often when we want a walk in the woods but don't have time to travel too far afield. We've walked all the trails in the park but always enjoy our time there.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Saturday, July 19, 2014

This was the second time my family and I visited. Both times we came with my sister and her husband. This time we drove to the top and walked down then back up. It is a very nice walk but it can be vigorous at times. Beautiful scenery and it was a gorgeous summer day. My guys had fun skimming stones above the water falls. I highly recommend it. They have a campground there also.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

nice for a short hike done almost all the trails with as boysciut troop